Sign in to follow this  

110 vs 100 tire on crf250r?

My tires need to be replaced atm there 100/90-19 and I’ve been looking at 110/90-19 tires for the rear thinking I would get more traction and tbh like the chunky look. Would these be ok to run? I’ve heard 120’s are to big and can scrape. I ride strictly trails

For trail riding it shouldn't be an issue but most 250F's have a 1.85" wide rear rim (versus a wider 2.15" on 450's)

100/90 are a better match for the narrower rim but for trail riding it won't negatively impact handling too much versus motocross.

For MX, wider tires don't 'lean over' as easily when cornering, a 110 tire will also add some unsprung weight and

more importantly rotational mass a 250's engine doesn't have much low end torque to begin with.

You'll have to try it in your particular conditions to see how well it works for you.

Consider the 'trail/off-road' version of your bike, the CRF250X is equipped with a 100/100-18 tire.

I've tried a 110/100 on mine and it's extra weight was immediately apparent, have since gone back to a 100/100.

Edited by mlatour

I've used only used 110/100-19 and recently changed to a 18 rear so 110/100-18 for single track but I also tend to run low as low as 4 PSI with an UHD tube and depending on tire/terrain.

Unless I actually weighted different size tire of the same make I honestly could tell the difference between say a 100/100 and a 110/100 but that's just me.

I too have been looking at say 120/100 rears and always thought they might rub the chain but this is a LONG rear tire thread and too me a 120 (again depending on tire) should work on our bike.

I can't answer your question but as I say in most tire topics, you really need to buy/try and play with PSI to see how a tire is going to work for where and how you ride.

Good luck dude 🙂

• Like 1