Sign in to follow this  

Cr125 trade for YZ250

Hey guys I’m a mid to front pack C rider and I have a 2002 cr125 at the moment. I’m trying to find a 250 2 stroke as I don’t have the funds to be changing pistons and valves etc. on a 250f or 450f with racing maintenance interval. I had a crf450 before my 125 and it was too fast for me and I had to put a boatload of money into it when I needed new. Valves, valve seats, valve buckets and piston. So I sold it and got my 125 IMG_9201.JPG.

IMG_9088.JPGWhich I love but i have just outgrown the power after about a year of riding it. Its hard to clear jumps out of tight corners unless you carry some heavy corner speed and a far back on the bike to reduce the wheel spin when the powerband kicks in. I have learned to do so but i think it’s time for a step up in power. I was looking at cr250’s and yz250’s as I’ve only had Honda and Yamahas in my family and my dad wouldn’t dare letting me get a Suzuki or a Kawasaki :bonk: [emoji23]. So someone wants to trade me a 2005 YZ250 for my bike. My bike has 17 hours and I have a spare rebuild kit in the box and a spare set of plastics. The yz is bone stock excepts for pegs, bars, tires and a topend kit with 12 hours on it, and the whole bike only has 60 hours total from 2005, the guy bought it from a vet rider who has had it sitting in his garage for 10 years due to him getting too old to ride. the guy bought the bike and only put about 30 hours of the 60 that are currently on the bike, he has all new swingarm, linkage and shock bearings and he sent the forks out last year for a service and to have them adjusted to stock settings. he has receipts for all the work too. Here is a picture of the bike. He has the stock seat but he is short so he bought another used seat and shaved it down.

IMG_9500.JPG

Do you guys think I should do it?

And this would be a straight trade bike for bike with no added cash I either ends.

Ok will do is there anything I have to know about the 2005 and what’s the topend life in the yz’s
Piston longevity depends how you ride it. 2005 has a one year fork AOSS, which most feel is inferior to the SSS that is in the 06+. I have an old OC fork revalved and sprung for me and it works killer. I can't for the life of me figure out why this guy wants to trade you but you're getting the good end of this deal, hopefully you already got it done, if not go go go!
  • Like 2

Piston longevity depends how you ride it. 2005 has a one year fork AOSS, which most feel is inferior to the SSS that is in the 06+. I have an old OC fork revalved and sprung for me and it works killer. I can't for the life of me figure out why this guy wants to trade you but you're getting the good end of this deal, hopefully you already got it done, if not go go go!

He bought the bike to ride with his son who is on a 65 and he can’t ride the bike slow enough to ride with his son so he wants a 125.

He’s a beginner and he may not know that you can ride any bike slow with clutch control but I’m gonna keep my mouth shut about that until I get the bike
  • Like 2

Most trades posted here are bad deals, this is a good deal, run, don't walk, and jump on that bike.  

Edited by poldies4
  • Like 2