Sign in to follow this  

Can different brand muffler/header be used?

I'm going to start off by saying I understand this isn't ideal, but would there be any issues using let's say an FMF muffler with a Pro Circuit header? Pro Circuit titanium is quite a bit more in price so looking for options. subframe mounting bracket broke off leaving a huge hole in the muffler pipe of my Ti-4 ?

53 minutes ago, zDirtyDeedz said:

I'm going to start off by saying I understand this isn't ideal, but would there be any issues using let's say an FMF muffler with a Pro Circuit header? Pro Circuit titanium is quite a bit more in price so looking for options. subframe mounting bracket broke off leaving a huge hole in the muffler pipe of my Ti-4 ?

I have a FMF PB on my '06 with the OEM muffler so their headpipe is an OEM replacement. I believe PC's headpipe is also but, if me, I'd call or email them and confirm. Ideal? Who cares!?  Best combo on my CR500R was an FMF Gnarly and a PC silencer back in the day.

You should be able to pick up another FMF mid-pipe and weld up a new subframe mount, especially, if you find a junk subframe and cut the mount off with a Dremel and a cut-off wheel.

IMG_4111.JPG