TTR 125 Rear Axle Compatibility?

I have a TTR125L that I purchased used and noticed that the rear axle was a little too short.  The nut goes about 1/2 way into the threads on the nut that holds the axle on.  I figured that there might be a different length needed between the L and non L version so  I ordered a new axle for a TTR125L but the one I ordered is also too short.  I ordered Yamaha part number 5HN-25381-00-00 which came up when I did a search for TTR125L rear axle on cheap cycle parts.  I looked at another TTR125L and noticed that my swing arm is thicker at the end causing the need for the axle to be longer even though the distance between the inside edges is the same on both.  What years and versions of the TTR125L use the longer vs shorter rear axle?  The one I have is an 05 TTR125L which is what I did a search for when I ordered the axle that is too short.  Is this not the original swing arm for this bike?

See pictures:  First one is mine the 2nd one is another TTR125L.  The one that is thicker is also more square at the end.

IMG_2532.jpg

IMG_2550.jpg

Edited by wcoats