Sign in to follow this  

2018 crf125fb help

I just got an 2018 crf125fb about an week ago, but the gearing is horrible. First gear is like 2 mph, would different sprockets help? 

Edited by dane_chapman

I totally agree with you and believe it can be done. This bike was built so a kid who had never ridden could ride without stalling the engine. They succeeded in that endeavor-- my son had never ridden anything with a clutch and was riding independently in about 2 minutes!

CRF125FB front gear has 13 teeth, rear gear has 49 teeth. Chain is a 428x118. With some calculations you should be able to improve the situation. The rear sprocket on the smaller wheeled CRF125F has 46 teeth. I have seen 14 teeth front sprockets online....may be able to find other options with a little Google time.

Well I have yet not found an 14T for the front but i have found a 46T, 48T and a 50T. I think im going to buy a 46T and see if it helps. 

Yes but it is meant for trail riding and second gear is very fast. That was my first bike and yeah it doesn’t work well for wheelies and slower tracks.