Sign in to follow this  

2008 kx 250f trouble

Ok guys hopefully sombody can help me out. i have an 08 kx250f. i can crank the bike no problem. it starts right up 1st or second kick. after it idles for about 2 or 3 minutes it starts to sputter and eventually dies. if i put it in gear it dies immediately. the only things ive done recently to it were replace a fuel line and change the oil. any ideas?

When was the last time it started up and ran correctly?  Was it running fine like the day of you changing the fuel line and oil, and then the issue started right after you changed the fuel line and oil?

If the bike idles for 2 or 3 minutes, but then dies... Can you start it up again right away?  Can you rev it up a little bit after you start it?  

What happened that caused you to replace the fuel line?  Sounds like the bike might be starving for fuel.  

the bike sat for about 3 months without being ridden. when i went to ride it i noticed that the fuel line was cracked. i replaced it put gas in it changed the oil and fired it up. if i keep reving it it doesn’t die. just if i let it idle or put it in gear without giving it throttle at the same time. 

Edited by Tailgunter
typo

Would that cause it to die right after i put it in gear?

Clean out the carb and come back and tell us if it’s still running like that. Use compressed air, carb cleaner, or a carb jetting tool

okay update. i cranked up today and it ran fine. no clue as to what was wrong but now i have a different issue. i recently changed the oil. and i filled it to in between the sight glass. i went and rode for 15-20 minutes just to make sure the bike was ok and running and when i got back oil was leaking out of my engine vent hose. now the sight glass is totally full. any ideas?

On 11/29/2018 at 5:31 PM, Tailgunter said:

Would that cause it to die right after i put it in gear?

Dry clutch plates and/or grabby oil.

14 hours ago, Tailgunter said:

now the sight glass is totally full. any ideas?

You overfilled it.

On initial fill, don't use the sight glass. Oil will sit in difference places. Put in the specified volume of oil.

now im getting white foamy oil leaking out.i read thats coolant in the oil. that because i overfilled it and should i change the oil?