Sign in to follow this  

Roof of Africa-YZ what??

Check out just prior to minute 20.  What's up with this YZ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNPBtxWWH7Y

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Charles De Mar said:

Just go buy a sherco if that’s what you want. It’s not aYZ...

F8AAAE3F-DAD4-4CE7-A89F-1A26F30A18F4.png

Read the post again.  Go to just prior to minute 20.   Its a YZ for sure but with some mods I cant make out.  Something black above the ignition cover.  Estart? Dunno.  The back subframe looks different too.

Could it just be some back yard tweaking on a yz or yammie testing something??    Might be nothing since I think news would be out on it just like it was when ktm had there tpi there testing.

The roof of africa race looks amazing and conditions appear to be epic.  Wish we had something like that here.

Edited by Sycamore

It's this guy, Kyle Flanagan.

roof_of_africa_hard_enduro_20.jpg

Kyle-Flanagan-Roof-of-Africa-2017.jpg

I found other pictures of that bike but none from the left side other than that first one.

Edited by 2strokeYardSale
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, 2strokeYardSale said:

It's this guy, Kyle Flanagan.

roof_of_africa_hard_enduro_20.jpg

Kyle-Flanagan-Roof-of-Africa-2017.jpg

I found other pictures of that bike but none from the left side other than that first one.

That's the one.  Same number and everything.  So what is that black thing?  Also wonder how he finished at the roof?

You can hear the YZ estart working in the video as he restarts his bike without kicking after moving out of the way.  That black lump above the stator cover looks suspicious 

• Like 1

There was a post a while back on here with a south African shop that had put estart on a yz250x. It was just like that setup in the pic of that bike. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, SmokinJoe said:

There was a post a while back on here with a south African shop that had put estart on a yz250x. It was just like that setup in the pic of that bike. 

I didnt see it.  The job looks pretty clean wonder if he intends on selling it? 

I looked the guy up a bit and it appears he is top ten finisher in extreme.  Like I've always said the YZ is competitive even or especially today.

• Like 1

It probably is this, but painted / Anodized Black. I've other, closer up pictures, but just can't access those at the moment, sorry.  It's very impressively done - so much better than the POS kit I bought for my 500. This picture is from well over a year ago, and looked to be a final article, by the standard of finish . I'd be surprised if it's not for sale  :

YZ250X%20E%20Start%20-%20Prototype%20-%2

Edited by Bearorso
  • Like 2

Wonder why we dont hear more about this.  Especially from the guys who are always wishing yammie would do estart.  Wonder where they put the battery

Edit:  I vaguely remember this now....

Edited by Sycamore

19:55 and 19:56 you can see a suspicious something above the ignition cover. Just before that it sounded like a smoker was electric started and from the video it appears only them two were in or near that frame (and the Sherco is already running).

Edited by shrubitup