Sign in to follow this  

Any races similar to the 6 Hours of Hollister that still happen?

A group of friends wanted to do a race similar to this (team endurance race).  I can't seem to find any places that still do something like that? Any ideas?

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, its the Riddler said:

hey Dustyn, are you really ready to race? really?

What a tool you are. I posted some videos following some buddies around that I haven't ridden with in a few years on a camping trip and you use it to talk sh*t. Screw you dude. I raced when I was a 15 and am in my 30s now with kids and a mortgage. I never said I was under any illusions I was going to win anything. I want to get back into some hare scrambles and figured if I could have some fun with a few friends I'd do it one more time. Hope you get kicks out of being a damn troll. 

Edited by firefinch
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, firefinch said:

What a tool you are. I posted some videos following some buddies around that I haven't ridden with in a few years on a camping trip and you use it to talk sh*t. Screw you dude. I raced when I was a 15 and am in my 30s now with kids and a mortgage. I never said I was under any illusions I was going to win anything. I want to get back into some hare scrambles and figured if I could have some fun with a few friends I'd do it one more time. Hope you get kicks out of being a damn troll. 

Let me know if you have a open spot on the team 

click link below. your first race will take you 5 hours...if you finish. no shame in trying. 99.999% wont even show up.

http://nationalhareandhound.com/wp/

ps    as a bonus the races will thicken your skin until you are no lo0nger butthurt by harmless riddlers

Edited by bordsmnj
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, bordsmnj said:

click link below. your first race will take you 5 hours...if you finish. no shame in trying. 99.999% wont even show up.

http://nationalhareandhound.com/wp/

ps    as a bonus the races will thicken your skin until you are no lo0nger butthurt by harmless riddlers

Cool, sounds like a regular trail ride day for me. Obviously with a few less breaks.

9 hours ago, Sly_One said:

Cool, sounds like a regular trail ride day for me. Obviously with a few less breaks.

Sounds like a warm up ride for a regular trail ride for me. I never take a break.

47 minutes ago, tits said:

Sounds like a warm up ride for a regular trail ride for me. I never take a break.

So you don't eat lunch or refuel 1/2 way through the day? Haha. Besides the short break to eat & refuel, I only stop to take a piss. I feel like most 2-3 hr XC races would be cake if I'm not going totally balls out the whole time. My KDX is Fkn easy to ride anyways though. Less power than a modern 125, but more torque, & handles pretty good on single track. I've seen a bunch of videos where guys are gassed after about 30 mins or they're using up a bunch of energy & psyching themselves out.

@firefinchQuite a few would be interested in a 4-6 hr race.

Edited by Sly_One

Call Topper, at Hollister Hill Off road riding association (Horra) and let them know that you want to see them do the 6 hr team race again, and they may restart it. They are open to idea's and encourage outside input.  

• Helpful 1

Shit didn't even noticed they stop doing the 6hr race at Hollister. Never did it myself because it is the summer in the blazing heat and I am a wuss in the hear. A few riding buddies always did the Ironman class, yikes.