2011 WR250r electrical problems

Hi, I am having issues with my display panel not displaying. I looped a couple weeks ago and since then it won't display. My fuel pump makes noise as usual when I turn the key in, but my ignition doesn't start anymore. I removed my tail light because it got destroyed, at the moment there is no tail light. I heard I should check the fuses if they still work, but I doubt it since it didn't  get hit at all and I didn't mess with wires yet.

When I got my bike back up after falling, I started the bike, everything worked. I shut it down, looked at the damage and then the display shut off. My front turn signals do work, headlight won't turn on because I cannot turn the bike on.

I would like any hints on where and what to look for because I have no clue other than fuses and common ground. By the way, I am not to familiar with electrical terms so please forgive me for any lack of knowledge. 

Thank you.

3 hours ago, Treetommy said:

It may be a fuse. I blew a fuse while installing a fender eliminator kit, I don’t remember the symptoms exactly but they sound similar to yours. The fuse box is on the front of your bike behind the front fender, opposite the radiator. Good Luck.

Oh well then. Do you know what instrument I need to use in order to know if my fuses are ok? I heard voltmeter, ohmmeter and ampmeter, don't know which one though.

39 minutes ago, Treetommy said:

I think that’s the one. Make sure you bring the blown fuse with you when you buy the new one. There’s several different size fuses that are similar in size.

I ordered an OEM one from PartZilla, got the part number from Yamaha. I checked compatibility and they assured it would work.

11 hours ago, msowsun said:

Fuses don’t “blow” at random. Usually something shorts out or a circuit is overloaded and that causes the fuse to blow.

Well, what if my wires at my tail light scraped on the ground when I crashed, and then they shorted out and that caused it to blow? Because now I removed it and nothing should be out of place causing a shorting.