Sign in to follow this  

1999 kx125 shock help

So I got a 1999 125 it came with kyb shocks I got when I was a bit lighter so it was perfect now I’m up around 190lbs so the shock sits to low how can I fix that?

So I got a 1999 125 it came with kyb shocks I got when I was a bit lighter so it was perfect now I’m up around 190lbs so the shock sits to low how can I fix that?

Not sure the last time you had the shock rebuilt or if ever but i would start there and with a stiffer spring. Check race sag as well when done and dial it in

Assuming that the shock is in proper mechanical condition, check the sag of the rear end. Checking the sag will let you know if the spring is too soft for your weight. The fork springs may be too soft also.

Since it is common, how long has it been since the oil was changed? Has the shock ever been rebuilt? It is not a Monroe Gasmatic that is good for 30,000 miles.

Assuming that the shock is in proper mechanical condition, check the sag of the rear end. Checking the sag will let you know if the spring is too soft for your weight. The fork springs may be too soft also.

Since it is common, how long has it been since the oil was changed? Has the shock ever been rebuilt? It is not a Monroe Gasmatic that is good for 30,000 miles.

The old owner rebuilt the old bike and did a shit job had if for 2 years doing everything the way it should have the first time. I’m going to change the oil and play with the settings a bit because I don’t know last it was changed. Front forks are amazing shape and changed often