Sign in to follow this  

1980s rm 250 & 125

Hey fellas I'm nick, So I have a 1985 rm250 model f it runs and rides the exhaust gasket keeps blowing out, I've gone threw like 3 don't know what's causing it Ima buy brand new bolts and really tighten them when the new gaskets get here Tuesday, also the rear tube keeps popping idk why (guessing a spoke or the tube keeps getting pinched) now the 125 idk what year it is im picking it up this weekend for 75$ and I have a apt with the chp to get a vin check and title in my name :) also the other bike you see is a 1989 yz250wr it has a broken crank case drain plug hole so the right side crankcase half needs to be replaced so hello and expect to see me around here asking some question from time to time in in the process of obtaining the tools I need like crank case spitter crank puller installer impact driver mallet circlip pliers bearing puller blah blah blah I'll get more pics for you guys later IMG_4548.JPGIMG_4547.JPG

• Like 1

Update! The 125 is a 1982 fella sent me a vin today we are picking it up tomarrow about an hour away

I will ! my nephew and I just cleaned up our old trailer and converted it and I will post picks later showing the new shop! With Christmas coming and my youngest daughters birthday this weekend I'm not expecting any free cash anytime soon Im hoping to start serious work mid January after the chp visit and I've collected all my
Tools and service manuals

Got the 125 motor turning over was just seized from sitting little oil around the rings and light tapping with a hammer on the kick starter and boom! Sprayed the kick starter with Gibbs it now functions and pulls itself in towards the bike properly pulled the spark plug out plugged the wire in and put the plug to the cylinder head spark ! Betcha clean the carb new tires throttle & clutch cables it'll start but me and the nephew are gonna hold off till after the chp visit in a month then do it the right way

IMG_4642.JPGIMG_4640.JPGIMG_4632.JPGIMG_4623.JPG

What was and now is we are just sanding a painting for fun it's all going back together before the chp visit cost me like 30$

Also anyone have any ideas to clean this magneto ? Don't want to damage it but it's rusted and covered in white calcium looking crap