18 350 excf, Vortex vs stock dyno on vortex website

It's at least disingenuous to compare a HP reading at 7,000 RPM vs. 10k RPM, and claiming the difference is a net-gain. 

Yes, the stocker makes 30-ish at 7k. And yes, the bike when properly uncorked makes 43hp at 10k. But saying that is a 17hp improvement is just plain wrong.

HP_numbers_350.png.153cb000d76e2b9a4aff31af8f9e011f.png

Edited by jrodicus100

10 minutes ago, Djburkeen said:

http://www.vortexcdi.com/model_product.php?product=56&model=249&mp_id=3948&flag=1

scroll down and look at their chart, it doesn't look anything like what you posted for stock

Where'd you get 26hp then?

Also, Vortex is based in AUS. They don't get the choked up bikes that we get in the US.

3 minutes ago, jrodicus100 said:

That's torque.

ah yes that makes much more sense, thank you

So im guessing their stock hp in Australia is quite a bit higher than our stock hp here in the us?  would that b correct?

Edited by Djburkeen

Just now, Djburkeen said:

ah yes that makes much more sense, thank you

So im guessing their stock hp in Australia is quite a bit lower than our stock hp here in the us?  would that b correct?

No. Look again at the chart. Their stock HP is 41. Modified w/ an Akro slip-on and the Vortex, it jumps to 43.

The James Dean chart reflects almost the same thing, with the notable difference that the US bikes have intake reeds and extra exhaust screens (and even leaner maps). The Gray line on the JD chart is much closer to the AUS bike's stock output.

2 minutes ago, jrodicus100 said:

No. Look again at the chart. Their stock HP is 41. Modified w/ an Akro slip-on and the Vortex, it jumps to 43.

The James Dean chart reflects almost the same thing, with the notable difference that the US bikes have intake reeds and extra exhaust screens (and even leaner maps). The Gray line on the JD chart is much closer to the AUS bike's stock output.

yeah u caught my "lower" before I corrected it to "higher"  ha

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Horgh said:

I don't have the before/after numbers for my 350, but I can tell you there is a serious difference. It can be felt all throughout the RPM range. Bottom is thicker, revs up quicker, and the top hit is addicting. Just buy it man! 

Same. Probably the smartest money I’ve ever spent on an aftermarket part...absolutely transformed the bike. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Djburkeen said:

so just to confirm, my stock bike makes around 36 hp and I will go to ~43 with the vortex and uncorking...correct?

Look at it differently... for the price of a Vortex, you're getting the bike you actually paid KTM for to begin with, power-wise. It sucks that you have to spend extra cash, but otherwise you'll be riding a bike that'll never live up to its full potential. Personally, I like to get the most out of my vehicles, within reason. Power vs. reliability is always a tough choice, but in this case you're getting much more of one without sacrificing the other.

• Like 1