Sign in to follow this  

My Pop's 2019 Tm300 EN

I've heard of fat bars before but not TM stubbies. :D Are they telescopic then?

Bike looks amazing!

• Like 1

The bike didn't come with the battery so we tried starting it without it. No dice. Even tried push starting it. No luck.

Finally I grabbed my old oem battery from my 17 300, hooked it up and the starter motor just spinned. After freaking out for a bit we decided to jump the battery and it fired right up. So, just an FYI, you need a battery to start it with the kicker and a fully charged battery to turn the starter. Felt a little silly.

• Like 1

That is pretty strange for a 2t. Other bikes that I’ve delt with like the Beta don’t need the battery to run. 

Wonder if it’s becuse some of the wiring is setup for the EFI which is coming later?

Beautiful bike BTW!

7 hours ago, eloc said:

That is pretty strange for a 2t. Other bikes that I’ve delt with like the Beta don’t need the battery to run. 

Wonder if it’s becuse some of the wiring is setup for the EFI which is coming later?

Beautiful bike BTW!

Yeah, could be. Strange but at least it runs haha. 

FB_IMG_1543690277393.jpg

• Like 2

7 hours ago, 2strokenut said:

FB_IMG_1543690277393.jpg

Um, that Husky isn't very two strokey. :confused:

That's the big tank/matching seat combo. Its supposed to draw air from holes in the sidepanels instead of over the top of the tank, but the factory seldom cuts them out.

The factory also missed putting batteries in the crates, and there is also an updated skidplate. Those were shipped to dealers directly.

One more reason to have a dealer prep the bike.

Edited by motoxgiant
  • Like 4

On 12/1/2018 at 4:14 PM, 2strokenut said:

FB_IMG_1543690277393.jpg

Please let me know how that compares to the KTM 300, the bike is beautiful!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, motoxgiant said:

That's the big tank/matching seat combo. Its supposed to draw air from holes in the sidepanels instead of over the top of the tank, but the factory seldom cuts them out.

The factory also missed putting batteries in the crates, and there is also an updated skidplate. Those were shipped to dealers directly.

One more reason to have a dealer prep the bike.

Maybe you should have said "dealers like you". In my area there are no serious dirt dealers with any of the dirt focused brands. Beta, GG, Sherco or TM. Just the basic big box Asian stuff where you need to consider "prep" as what takes place in your own shop.

• Helpful 1

My dad was able to ride the 300 for the first time over the weekend at the last round of the AMA Big 6 series, and he raced it bone stock. I'd like to have him give a review in his own words so we'll see but I think the 350 may go up for sale soon. He is extremely happy with the bike.

• Like 1

I’m very keen to hear your dads opinion on the new motor???

I have a 2017 Husqvarna fe 350 that is probably the best bike I have ever owned but I have the itch for something new.

Ktm brand bikes are brilliant and they re sell easily but the quality of these bikes looks amazing.

I’m keen to know how well the balancer shaft smooths the motor, does the electric start seem robust and what is the overall quality etc?

My son is picking up his 300 EN this afternoon. As mentioned in another thread he is now riding for TM, coming off Beta. Main focus is Endurocross, but he’ll be doing other off-road events here in SoCal.

He had one short test with TM last weekend. Said the bike felt great! The change to a 13t counter shaft made a bike difference. Also swapped the bars. 

Said the suspension felt like it worked well, but was too soft for him. I take that as a good sign as most guys wouldn’t want it stiff enough for a pro rider. 

Other than that it’s faster than his Beta race bike, which is saying something because that bike was tuned up good and pulled holeshots at the National Ex races ?

I can’t wait to get off work to go see it!

8CCF8303-BFD6-4C5C-A693-D43E46637474.png

• Like 6

15 hours ago, eloc said:

My son is picking up his 300 EN this afternoon. As mentioned in another thread he is now riding for TM, coming off Beta. Main focus is Endurocross, but he’ll be doing other off-road events here in SoCal.

He had one short test with TM last weekend. Said the bike felt great! The change to a 13t counter shaft made a bike difference. Also swapped the bars. 

Said the suspension felt like it worked well, but was too soft for him. I take that as a good sign as most guys wouldn’t want it stiff enough for a pro rider. 

Other than that it’s faster than his Beta race bike, which is saying something because that bike was tuned up good and pulled holeshots at the National Ex races ?

I can’t wait to get off work to go see it!

8CCF8303-BFD6-4C5C-A693-D43E46637474.png

I did hear TM made to forks a lot softer this year as it was a major complaint from a lot of people that they were too stiff, 

On 12/3/2018 at 3:19 PM, Piney Woods said:

Maybe you should have said "dealers like you". In my area there are no serious dirt dealers with any of the dirt focused brands. Beta, GG, Sherco or TM. Just the basic big box Asian stuff where you need to consider "prep" as what takes place in your own shop.

Did Tm send it directly to you?