Sign in to follow this  

CCMA recreation.gov - rock hounding acccess

the rain next Saturday is up north and not in mid California. I bought my BLM CCMA permits for next weekend DEc 6-9.   I am Staying in a hotel in Santa Nella Friday night / Be at the first campsite at 8am Saturday morning.  I will call in advance to get code from BLM for the gate., I can add up to 4 other street legal OHVs on my permit.  If you want to go.  PM me with your bike license numbers

this is a rock hounding exploratory trip, we ride our bikes anywhere we want to go.  I know the area well, some easy single track and mostly we ride the double wides and the big play areas'.  I wont be leading us into any Enduro trails. so don't come for that

Edited by bigbob

11 minutes ago, bigbob said:

the rain next Saturday is up north and not in mid California. I bought my BLM CCMA permits for next weekend DEc 6-9.   I am Staying in a hotel in Santa Nella Friday night / Be at the first campsite at 8am Saturday morning.  I will call in advance to get code from BLM for the gate., I can add up to 4 other street legal OHVs on my permit.  If you want to go.  PM me with your bike license numbers

this is a rock hounding exploratory trip, we ride our bikes anywhere we ant to go.  I know the area well, some easy single track and mostly we ride the double wides and the big play areas'.  I wont be leading us into any Enduro trails. so don't come for that

How far away from Apple valley is it?

• Like 1

I’ll post directions and more info this weekend , for now it’s Friday night and having wine with my wife , I did tell her about next weekend- we ride CC

1 minute ago, bigbob said:

I’ll post directions and more info this weekend , for now it’s Friday night and having wine with my wife , I did tell her about next weekend- we ride CC

2nvxm4.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Small minds for small people

Jesus rides Clear Creek

ClearCreek8.jpg

Edited by bigbob
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I wanted to ask about CC. Is this about the only way to ride the area again ? I heard rumor that it was going to reopen. True or false ?

BTW BB, I booked for that weekend, but I'm on board the next time.

• Like 1

It is not reopened. Guys who live near the area poach rides I heard but you can read about guys getting busted for riding there too. Best forum for CC info is on the South Bay Riders clear creek forum

Now one forecast shows rain next weekend in the central coast . Oh well play it by ear

The weather is looking better. Could be this is the weekend next Saturday that is

Recreational opportunities include hunting, camping, hobby gem/mineral collecting, mountain biking, horseback riding, hiking/backpacking, and sightseeing. Hobby gem and mineral collectors are drawn to the Clear Creek area, one of the most highly mineralized areas in California, by the presence of over 150 semi-precious minerals and gemstones. Among these are serpentine, jadeite, cinnabar, tremolite, topazite, neptunite, and the extremely rare California state gem, benitoite.

There are two developed campgrounds in the CCMA, Oak Flat and Jade Mill, both with picnic tables, shade structures, fire rings, and pit toilet.

We stage at Oak flat

Weekend Permits

If you are purchasing a permit for the weekend, it is necessary to call during our normal business hours, Monday – Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. at (831) 582-2200 for the combination to the entrance gate to Clear Creek ACEC area.

img0152.jpg

Dirt bike pic090 (2).jpg

Edited by bigbob

Basic Directions from NorCal

From the San Jose area, travel south on Highway 101 to Gilroy. Just past Gilroy, take the Highway 25 exit towards Hollister. Continue through town (Hwy. 25 runs through the town of Hollister) and head south for about 35 miles. You will pass by the Pinnacles National Monument. Turn left onto the Coalinga-Los Gatos Creek County road. Continue approximately 14 miles. At the BLM sign indicating the entrance to the Clear Creek Management Area, turn left. You will then be on the main road, Clear Creek Road, which is an unpaved road bisecting the Management Area.

from SoCal you come up from Coalinga  

Edited by bigbob

24 minutes ago, bigbob said:

Recreational opportunities include hunting, camping, hobby gem/mineral collecting, mountain biking, horseback riding, hiking/backpacking, and sightseeing.

Didn’t you forget hugging and nut fug I mean broke back mountaining. 

• Haha 1

While your there puttering around, see if you can find any sepentine/asbestos rocks. That’s the whole reason they shut the place down right? Bet you won’t find any

This thread is closed
Don't let anyone deter you Bob - this is a great idea for getting access to areas that have been closed.

Find loophole and exploit.

I'm going to start building custom ktm frames. My frame company is going to be called 'Horse' - that will open up tons of trails.
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1