Sign in to follow this  

Cadj Stack Help

I have just put my showa A Kit internals into a WP body for my 2018 RM-Z450 (BFRC was horrible)

I'm unsure what I need to do to the cadj as the showa one obviously doesn't fit.

WP Cadj has a stack of

19x .10

22x .25

22x .25

20x .25

18x .25

16x .25

14x .25

9x .30

And this piston

IMG_20181201_164515.jpg

And the shock

IMG_20181128_145112.jpg

s1200_Screenshot_20181126_180038.jpg

IMG_20181128_194226.jpg

Edited by Rotaholic

You need restackor to model this or someone who had done the same modification who has a tested stack

I've seen hundreds of stacks over the years ,but I would have no idea how that adjuster stack will work with a rmz piston assembly

It does use a bleed shim which is unusual for a shock apart from a wp

Sorry that's all I can say really

Maybe ride it and use that as a baseline ?

10 hours ago, mog said:

You need restackor to model this or someone who had done the same modification who has a tested stack

I've seen hundreds of stacks over the years ,but I would have no idea how that adjuster stack will work with a rmz piston assembly

It does use a bleed shim which is unusual for a shock apart from a wp

Sorry that's all I can say really

Maybe ride it and use that as a baseline ?

Thanks Mog, I rode it yesterday at a brutal sand track, shock was quite wallowy but was still way better than the BFRC. It may be the spring rate but the sag numbers checked out.

I have removed the bleed and added a 12x .2 and will retest today.

• Like 1

Thanks Mog, I rode it yesterday at a brutal sand track, shock was quite wallowy but was still way better than the BFRC. It may be the spring rate but the sag numbers checked out.
Sounds a logical plan

1 minute ago, mog said:
3 minutes ago, Rotaholic said:

Sounds a logical plan

Biggest issue was too much squat under heavy acceleration which I couldn't tune out with the HSC. 

Biggest issue was too much squat under heavy acceleration which I couldn't tune out with the HSC. 
Was that excessive squat with the HSC adjuster fully in the firm position?

How responsive or effective is the HSC adjuster with the valving as it is?

What is your LSC adjuster position now?

What are your numbers for rider and static sag?

16 minutes ago, numroe said:

Was that excessive squat with the HSC adjuster fully in the firm position?

How responsive or effective is the HSC adjuster with the valving as it is?

What is your LSC adjuster position now?

What are your numbers for rider and static sag?

I never closed it off completley, started at 2 out and was alot better at 1 out (was running 3.5 out on the a kit)

HSC did have a noticeable effect, made the bike ride alot higher in the rear but almost felt like it was blowing through as soon as I got heavy on the gas (running a sand tyre)

LSC was at 12 now at 6

105mm / 32mm (stock link for now)

Edited by Rotaholic

37 minutes ago, Rotaholic said:

HSC did have a noticeable effect, made the bike ride alot higher in the rear but almost felt like it was blowing through as soon as I got heavy on the gas (running a sand tyre)

I'm suspecting the issue is spring related. Are you certain the shock has correct gas pressure? Did you try firmer spring preload?

3 hours ago, numroe said:

I'm suspecting the issue is spring related. Are you certain the shock has correct gas pressure? Did you try firmer spring preload?

Just got back from the same track, the shock felt so much better, but almost to dead fealing. I ended up at 2 out HSC and 14 out LSC. I will leave the bleed shim out of the stack but take out the 12x .2 I put in. 

Shock bladder was 150psi done with a shock pump. 

I think you're spot on, I think the spring is too light. I only have showa springs except for this one wp in the bike, will try and track down a stiffer spring. 

Edited by Rotaholic
  • Like 2