Sign in to follow this  

Anyone building xr200 cranks with stepped pin?

I have an engine apart.Would love to put a stroked crank in it.Ive read that stepped pins are available.

Is there anyone that i could send a crank to and have one installed?

Since industry dried up around my area many years ago,there arent skilled machine shop operating any more

Edited by vulcanduro

There is an Australian guy on here with the handle greenhuman that supposedly has stepped pins for sale as I too am on the lookout for one apparently you can combine a 4mm stepped pin/split bearing with a crf230 piston for a 4mm gain in stroke. I have had patchy communication with Greenhuman attempting to acquire a pin but have had no luck, apparently he does not make the pins but gets them from someone else. You need to press one half of the crank to the pin, put the crank back in the cases with the gear clusters and shave a bit off the bottom of the rod to get clearance. Also you may need to machine the bearing cage (see bottom link). If you find a source for stepped pins please post up! 

see also 

Greenhuman certainly knows his way around small honda singles

Edited by LurcherNZ
additional material
  • Like 2

From Greenhuman I have a crank with a 4mm step pin, a BBR 67 mm piston ready for my XL 185 project,

The rod had to be clearanced a bee's dick and that is all.

I cant report on it actually running as I am still waiting on Cam and valve train from Terry Miller / Team Rude.