Jump to content
Utah_2T

Beta quality slipping?

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, newk75 said:

When I decided to look for a 300 I just called a dealer and asked for the salesman/manager and asked if they knew of anyone with a 300 looking to upgrade. Within an hour I had two guys that would sell me theirs. The wanted a fair price but they weren't ok with trade in value. I don't know if it is always this easy but the salesman waned the sale on the new bike so he was motivated to help, and he had a list of people that wanted a new bike "if the could just get a decent price" for their old bike. In this case my choices were a 16 rr and a 17 Race. 

that is a great idea... thank you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So the OP that started the thread solved his own minor problem. Another poster tells us about a lemon law buy back that some dealer f'd up, it probably got sent to the crusher and melted down 😉.  YZ's have bad kickstarts and KDX's were awesome.

6 pages later Beta quality doesn't look so bad.

  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Johnny Depp said:

So the OP that started the thread solved his own minor problem. Another poster tells us about a lemon law buy back that some dealer f'd up, it probably got sent to the crusher and melted down 😉.  YZ's have bad kickstarts and KDX's were awesome.

6 pages later Beta quality doesn't look so bad.

Oh, it's bad alright - just read all the threads! Horrible quality. :D

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/5/2018 at 3:48 PM, kawagumby said:

1) Check out that seat....ummm,  my skinny arse loves it! 

2) A couple of months ago I broke some ribs out riding

1) I was surprised that my sit bones were narrow enough and my glutes were hard enough that the Beta seat feels just fine.

2) Through your chest protector?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Beta300recat said:

1) I was surprised that my sit bones were narrow enough and my glutes were hard enough that the Beta seat feels just fine.

2) Through your chest protector?

The space on the side that is not protected.  An overgrown abandoned totally wasted trail, sidehill, about a foot wide, came upon a cross-root with a big hole that was dug out in front, tree adjacent on the left side.  Bike was stopped.  Decided best route was quick burst wheelie around and up on right side...done that kind of thing many times before.  Something went wrong...walking speed, lost my balance and fell sideways onto the tree trunk...weight of my body and most of bike behind it...craaack....oh man.   I was down for a while.  Took me forever to get out.  Now I have some football rib protectors, and I will never ride without them again.  They cover the area between the front and back parts of the chest protector so I can now fall sideways with relative impunity (not) LOL.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, kawagumby said:

The space on the side that is not protected.  An overgrown abandoned totally wasted trail, sidehill, about a foot wide, came upon a cross-root with a big hole that was dug out in front, tree adjacent on the left side.  Bike was stopped.  Decided best route was quick burst wheelie around and up on right side...done that kind of thing many times before.  Something went wrong...walking speed, lost my balance and fell sideways onto the tree trunk...weight of my body and most of bike behind it...craaack....oh man.   I was down for a while.  Took me forever to get out.  Now I have some football rib protectors, and I will never ride without them again.  They cover the area between the front and back parts of the chest protector so I can now fall sideways with relative impunity (not) LOL.

AAAHHHH!!!!! :facepalm:

Better add that Alpinestars A-10 to my get sooner list. I'm currently wearing a Fox Airframe.

Buddy at work punctured a lung playing volleyball in much the same way, but the tree trunk was essentially a guys knee that had taken a squat to spike the ball up.

Edited by Beta300recat
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Reply with:


×