unrooted

Increasing Grip size for Elbow Tendinitis???

I hate to beat a dead horse, but go back to my posts.  And also, one of the recent posts that talks about it taking time.  It does.  

Sorry to sound like a know-it-all, but I don't know a lot, but I know tendons, muscles and ligaments well.  

• Like 1

Thanks for posting this issue!  Keep in mind what you are dealing with when it comes to tendinitis of any type - inflammation of the tendon.  Couple of things to think about:

1. What is causing the inflammation?  Is it over use, lack of strength/endurance, are the muscles tight and pulling on the attachments?  

2. What is the solution for inflammation?  Remove the tension out of the tissue, improve strength/flexiblity in the tissue, increase blood flow.

Below is a device that I have had tremendous success with when it comes to relaxing the muscles of the forearm - The Roll Recovery, it works really good (and hurts really bad - LOL).  Before you head out to ride, give this device a try.  

If your tendinitis is keeping you off the bike address it aggresively:

1. Roll recovery to reduce tension.

2. Hot/cold contrast therapy (10 minutes of each as many times as you can logistically get in)

3. Avoid ibuprofen - this only masks the pain.  If you tear the tissue or aggravate it more, you are only prolonging your recovery.

Give these concepts a shot and let me know how it works out for you.  We want you back out on the bike ASAP.

Yours in sport and health,

-Coach Robb

3 hours ago, Coach Robb said:

Avoid ibuprofen - this only masks the pain.

That's pretty much why I take it, do you recommend an alternative?

6 hours ago, Dmouse said:

That's pretty much why I take it, do you recommend an alternative?

Great question!  The key is to listen to the pain and look into the source of your pain.  If you try to push through the pain, you run the risk of creating scare tissue if you tear tissue.  Think about any other muscle group - you need to keep them flexible, strong and properly hydrated.  Add proper body position (with optimized biomechanics) and you will reduce your  arm pump for sure (I have dealt with this issue with my clients for 30+ years).  

Please keep me posted.  

-Coach Robb 

• Like 1