Sign in to follow this  

Tusk Radiator Cap with Temp gauge

Anyone run this? I picked one up for my 2018 500 and it seems pretty cool idea.  Installed it and the bike blows coolant out of the overflow almost right away. Bike wasn't even hot just showing about 150 degrees.  Double checked the part number and its right but it seems like it sits further down into the radiator than the stock one does.

Any ideas?

https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/917/61141/Tusk-High-Pressure-Radiator-Cap-with-Temperature-Gauge

Ditto. Didn't fit my OEM radiators. Tried screwing with it for a bit and concluded it will never work. Since it didn't seal correctly it will boil over very quickly as it won't come up to pressure

I've been running one for a couple of rides now and it seems to work as advertised. Fits fine and when you twist it closed, it feels like a solid seal.

• Like 1

Mine has worked very well for many years on two bikes:  HTR 350 XCF-W and Beta 300RR.

Same exact problem, they sent me 2 thinking the first one was a lemon. Both puke coolant immediately, despite being fully cranked down.

I just put a cheap ebay one on My CR500 so I know when it's warmed up properly - old bike - cold seizures etc. It looks just like a tusk one, except for the color, and seems to work fine. I did find it real tight to get on and off 'till I put a bit of rubber grease on the seals.

Edited by DEATH_INC.

I used one for my 06 450 exc for a couple of months before it was stolen. Worked great. no complaints here. 

Have purchased two with no failures. Worked as intended.

However installing was difficult and removing was almost impossible without pliers on my 500xcw. I did not try the greased seal trick yet. Same cap was installed and removed from a buddy's 300 xcw with zero issues. not sure why yet.

As already mentioned, I used the Tusk cap on my '08 HTR 350 XCF-W then transferred the same unit to my '09 Beta 565RR with none of these issues at all.