Sign in to follow this  

supercross Anyone know how JMart is doing?

I'm assuming he won't be racing supercross, but curious if he's on track to come back at all.  I hope so.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, DesertCR said:

I wish it would snow like that here in socal for just one week!

Everyone in WI wishes it would snow like that just for one week too. Instead we get shit on for 4 months.

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

On 12/1/2018 at 4:00 PM, Mudd94 said:

Thanks, Mudd.

We just got a good bit of snow in our area (Mudd is near me), beautiful stuff.  Fortunately, we don't get much here so it's just enough, intermittently, that you enjoy it and then it's gone. (at least at our elevation)  the mountains are very close, though!

23 minutes ago, MANIAC998 said:

We get dumped on!!!!

084B5263-A09E-4987-85AE-3689238B3861.jpeg

Holy crap.  I knew you guys were getting hammered over there, but wow.  

I think we got about 3-4 inches.  🤣

43 minutes ago, MANIAC998 said:

We get dumped on!!!!

Us too, Lake Michigan can be a bitch in the winter.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jcm3 said:

Holy crap.  I knew you guys were getting hammered over there, but wow.  

I think we got about 3-4 inches.  🤣

That photo is from last year. We’ve only got a couple of decent dumps this season so far, with a lot of rain the last few days.

1 hour ago, poldies4 said:

Us too, Lake Michigan can be a bitch in the winter.  

I can see lake MI from my front yard when the leaves are off the trees. It's amazing how it effects weather. Sometimes it make storms worse, sometimes it sucks them out over the lake and they pass us really fast, sometimes it acts like a barrier and storms just sit on the edge of it pounding us for hours. "Lake effect snow" is a well know term in these parts.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Zinergy said:

I can see lake MI from my front yard when the leaves are off the trees. It's amazing how it effects weather. Sometimes it make storms worse, sometimes it sucks them out over the lake and they pass us really fast, sometimes it acts like a barrier and storms just sit on the edge of it pounding us for hours. "Lake effect snow" is a well know term in these parts.

I am about 30 miles inland from the lake, it's incredible how it effects things year round.  I lived in Chicago for about 8 years, and it was odd seeing the sun rise over the lake, rather than the sunset, lol.  Either side, it messes with the weather....

On 12/1/2018 at 6:00 PM, Mudd94 said:

Around here out xc ski tracks look much different.

xc.jpg

Edited by wielywilly-g
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, wielywilly-g said:

Around here out xc ski tracks look much different.

xc.jpg

Classic is no fun.  Give me skating every time!

2 hours ago, poldies4 said:

I am about 30 miles inland from the lake, it's incredible how it effects things year round.  I lived in Chicago for about 8 years, and it was odd seeing the sun rise over the lake, rather than the sunset, lol.  Either side, it messes with the weather....

I am 1/4-1/2 mile from the lake, hope it hops over me and dumps on you, haha.  Bottom of the lake gets the lake effect often, Michigan city, la porte IN, cass county inland.  Never know where those snow bands hits, often not real wide.  yea, we are use to seeing clouds most of the time, not like out west when you can see a storm many miles away moving along, while its clear where you are at.  At least we dont have to worry about running out of fresh water.  🙂

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Havingfun said:

I am 1/4-1/2 mile from the lake, hope it hops over me and dumps on you, haha.  Bottom of the lake gets the lake effect often, Michigan city, la porte IN, cass county inland.  Never know where those snow bands hits, often not real wide.  yea, we are use to seeing clouds most of the time, not like out west when you can see a storm many miles away moving along, while its clear where you are at.  At least we dont have to worry about running out of fresh water.  🙂

Ha, true!  I am in the middle of Van Buren county, it can be sunny at my house and snowing an inch or two an hour at my neighbors, weird stuff.  

• Like 1

WI has Lake Superior on the North border and Lake Michigan to the East. DOUBLE LAKE EFFECT SNOW SON!

It's no wonder we basically invented personal motor boating.

Edited by Zinergy
  • Like 3