chkrdvanz

Lynx fairing for the KTM 690 Enduro R?

I mean it, I'd buy an F800GS for anything where I needed that sort of wind protection. I did a great ride on one a couple of summers ago and my 690 honestly would have been miserable by comparison.

I bet you know this place...

bosch_gorge_contact_us_photo.jpg

I mean it, I'd buy an F800GS for anything where I needed that sort of wind protection. I did a great ride on one a couple of summers ago and my 690 honestly would have been miserable by comparison.
I bet you know this place...
bosch_gorge_contact_us_photo.thumb.jpg.07010dd2e2ce900298341832ce334789.jpg
That's a Gorge-ous view, not sure where though?

Seems like this would be a better way to go:

https://madstad.com/collections/ktm/products/ktm-690-enduro

JRJ_690_Enduro_photo_3_large.JPG?v=15396

Lots of protection ,but easy to remove and adjust,  both in terms of height and pitch. You can even choose different shield sizes and tints. I had a Madstad on my 2013 Triumph Tiger 800XC and it's good stuff. Local mfr to me. I met the guy and he's one sharp dude. His approach is to let a little air under the shield to reduce the bubble of low pressure in front of the rider. This is in contrast of trying to get all the air to go around or over the rider where the higher pressure tries to fill the low pressure bubble that results in turbulence and noise. And, I think it works based upon my experience on my Triumph. I could open my face shield at 75mph with mild puffs of air vs. stronger & noisier turbulent air. And, the cost savings over the Lynx? Easy call at least for me.

Tiger_threequarter_rear.png

I have one on my 2011 690. Excellent wind protection for me. Screen lowers down out of the way for offroading. Remounted speedo easier to see, plus room for gps or other add ons. Mine have the hid lights (led available) both have less draw, and very bright no need for aux lighting. Mounting was easy. Its a matter of opinion, but I think it looks better than stock.