hi, im weighing up between a ktm 450 sxf and a ktm 250 sx, im a veteran rider been riding for 20 + years and was wondering what bike would have more low to mid power?

Archie

hi, im weighing up between a ktm 450 sxf and a ktm 250 sx, im a veteran rider been riding for 20 + years and was wondering what bike would have more low to mid power?

Archie

Well more low to mid.... or simply power everywhere... the 450 is a no brained. Consider the 250SX if you simply prefer a 2 strike. As a race bike I think the 2 stroke is at a disadvantage pitted against a modern 57hp 450 with riders being equal. But there are guys that simply like the slightly lighter feel of the 250 smoker.

Soooo..... I gotta tell you, as an Vet owner of a 2017 Husqvarna FC350....you really really need to seriously consider the 350 in this conversation! I will call it the absolute perfect blend of the 250 smoker light feel and phenomenal handling and big boy power (53hp)! You ride it a bit more like the smaller displacement bikes in that you really want to keep it humming. But honestly....it’s the best MX bike I have ever owned! Period! I have had many 450’s and love them for what they are, but fun factor..... handling/power is the absolute perfect blend IMHO. It’s only 2lbs lighter than a 450 but feels 20lbs lighter! If can be lugged if you want to like a 450, but it’s happier with higher rpm. It makes power higher in the curve.... more like a 250f. But it has torque and power. Def more than a 250 smoker for sure. Yet it does seem “kinda” similiar. I would say the 350 is the closest to riding a 2-stroke that you can get without actually riding one! Lol! It’s “kinda” that style of riding. ... kinda! Think super strong 250f with more everywhere! Love it!

PaulP
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, PaulP said:

Well more low to mid.... or simply power everywhere... the 450 is a no brained. Consider the 250SX if you simply prefer a 2 strike. As a race bike I think the 2 stroke is at a disadvantage pitted against a modern 57hp 450 with riders being equal. But there are guys that simply like the slightly lighter feel of the 250 smoker.

Soooo..... I gotta tell you, as an Vet owner of a 2017 Husqvarna FC350....you really really need to seriously consider the 350 in this conversation! I will call it the absolute perfect blend of the 250 smoker light feel and phenomenal handling and big boy power (53hp)! You ride it a bit more like the smaller displacement bikes in that you really want to keep it humming. But honestly....it’s the best MX bike I have ever owned! Period! I have had many 450’s and love them for what they are, but fun factor..... handling/power is the absolute perfect blend IMHO. It’s only 2lbs lighter than a 450 but feels 20lbs lighter! If can be lugged if you want to like a 450, but it’s happier with higher rpm. It makes power higher in the curve.... more like a 250f. But it has torque and power. Def more than a 250 smoker for sure. Yet it does seem “kinda” similar. I would say the 350 is the closest to riding a 2-stroke that you can get without actually riding one! Lol! It’s “kinda” that style of riding. ... kinda! Think super strong 250f with more everywhere! Love it!

PaulP

thanks paul i'll keep it in mind and i'll let you know what i get 

Archie

• Like 1

Bought a 450 this past spring. Was considering the 350 but the small price difference pushed me toward the 450. Blast on trails and track. Also loving the electric start.

If you like a bike that always feels 'exciting' , get a two stroke.

If you want it to be easier to ride, easier to find traction, and require much less shifting, get a four stroke.

On 12/7/2018 at 4:17 AM, KRAYNIAL said:

If you like a bike that always feels 'exciting' , get a two stroke.

If you want it to be easier to ride, easier to find traction, and require much less shifting, get a four stroke.

cheers