Sign in to follow this  

2018 yzf450 starter problem

Just bought  a 2018 yzf450 yesterday, now having problems starting it. The starter turns but does not engage and turn the engine over. I can start it with a bump and it seems to start off the button when it's warm. I have read somewhere that Yamaha warrant have got a re call on the starter engagement clutch. Anyone else had this issue??

Hi I didn't get it from a dealer worst luck, I bought it 2nd hand from a pro racer and it was his practice bike, to be fair he had trouble starting it when I went to view it but he said he hadn't ridden it for a while and that the battery was flat. So looking at it today and charging the battery I can tell it's definitely the starter clutch

Thanks for the info, is it something Yamaha warranty will deal with? I also understand that the starter clutch has been super seeded, have you heard this?

Yamaha or the dealer did help the owner with the first two, all of the starter clutches that have been put in the bike have been the new parts number.

Thanks for the info, is it something Yamaha warranty will deal with? I also understand that the starter clutch has been super seeded, have you heard this?

?

Hi not as yet, I'm still Searching for a battery, had lots of response from you guys but I'm in the UK and slot the battery's you guys have recommended are USA only, not delivered to UK,  unless anyone can recommend a company that will??