Sign in to follow this  

Competition ECU

just picked up a 2019 WR250f, in its stock form it doesn't impress, do I need a competition ECU or could I use the GYTR Power Tuner on my stock ECU to make the necessary adjustments 

You will need the competition ECU as the stock one can't be adjusted.

• Like 2

Install competition kit, ditch stock muffler and open up the air box by removing the baffle and you will have yourself a very potent 250F that will have torque down low and rev to the moon!

• Like 1

Agreed.

If you expect your WR250F to perform, the Competition ECU Kit is a must - that's why it is offered.

Install the kit according to the supplied instructions (easy to do), and enjoy.

Great bike with stability, good handling feel, strong power over a wide band (very good low-end and mid-range with good top-end, even with the stock muffler), and incredible suspension performance.

12 minutes ago, YZEtc said:

Agreed.

If you expect your WR250F to perform, the Competition ECU Kit is a must - that's why it is offered.

Install the kit according to the supplied instructions (easy to do), and enjoy.

Great bike with stability, good handling feel, strong power over a wide band (very good low-end and mid-range with good top-end, even with the stock muffler), and incredible suspension performance.

you said even with the stock muffler, that's important to me, I've already drilled and removed the main silencer, I was thinking about leaving off the entire restriction tip when I get the competition ECU. I DON'T have a Power Tuner, I'm trying to get the best performance out of the mapping that the comp. ecu comes with.

The Competition ECU Kit instructions will tell you to drill the rivet holding the small-diameter reducer into the muffler outlet and to remove that reducer.

Period.

It will not have you ride the bike with any other parts removed from the muffler, the exhaust note will still be remarkably quiet (the intake noise will be more noticeable than the exhaust muffler noise when you're done installing the Kit), and the bike will run strongly as it should.

If you are thinking about removing additional parts of the stock muffler such as the spark arrestor portion (the part that small-diameter reducer was riveted into), then the exhaust noise will get loud, and, probably have a lousy-sounding tone to it.

Not a good move in my opinion.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, YZEtc said:

The Competition ECU Kit instructions will tell you to drill the rivet holding the small-diameter reducer into the muffler outlet and to remove that reducer.

Period.

It will not have you ride the bike with any other parts removed from the muffler, the exhaust note will still be remarkably quiet (the intake noise will be more noticeable than the exhaust muffler noise when you're done installing the Kit), and the bike will run strongly as it should.

If you are thinking about removing additional parts of the stock muffler such as the spark arrestor portion (the part that small-diameter reducer was riveted into), then the exhaust noise will get loud, and, probably have a lousy-sounding tone to it.

Not a good move in my 

thanks for your clear information.