bmicha7

2017 250rr suspension

1 hour ago, Piney Woods said:

Why not simple green then a good rinse. Blow dry.

100% solution etches aluminum/anodizing in 15-20 minutes.

For springs I also thread a rag through a coil at the end and just twist the spring winding the rag down, wipes the entire wire inside and out. 

That's what I do.

Also, I get Maxima Suspension Clean for barely $1 more per can than Brake Clean costs here. I keep both in the garage, but the Brake Clean never comes out for suspension stuff.

Very few things smell as nice as Maxima Suspension Cleaner, so there's that 

It's a close 2nd to the Maxima SC1 Silicone Detailer.

1 hour ago, weantright said:

100% solution etches aluminum/anodizing in 15-20 minutes.

Simple, don't wait 15-20 min. Why wait more than maybe a minute? Or use 50/50 solution.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Piney Woods said:

Simple, don't wait 15-20 min. Why wait more than maybe a minute? Or use 50/50 solution.

.......or just use something meant for cleaning your motorcycle? :rolleyes:

• Helpful 1

38 minutes ago, The Creature said:

U are welcome georgette!

image.jpeg

Great stuff use on my stainless smoker and other household crap

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Piney Woods said:

A minute or two doesn't work really well even at 100% solution without scrubbing.

I've been using SG straight up for years and the bike looks good, no alloy problems.  Always grab at least a gallon everytime I walk into Home Depot.  If its a real mudder to clean up, Oxy Clean and hot water in a garden sprayer just melts the shit off.  You have to brush anything to get it really clean, I hate working on a dirty bike.

I've cleaned upper tubes with SG and hot water, works fine if your in a situation that can't tolerate a lot of solvent.  A paint roller mounted on a PEX pipe is a good tool.  

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, GP said:

"A paint roller mounted on a PEX pipe is a good tool. "

Thats one big cotton swab!

Edited by NEGbrap
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

A paint roller mounted on a PEX pipe is a good tool.  

Good idea. That'd probably work better than my broken broom handle with a shop towel taped on the end.

19 hours ago, Piney Woods said:

SG much less expensive.

Less expensive than new anodizing?

S100 in the gallon jug is cheap insurance against the neighbor gal in her yoga outfit striking up a conversation with me and making me lose track of time. :smirk:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Beta300recat said:

against the neighbor gal in her yoga outfit striking up a conversation with me and making me lose track of time. :smirk:

Dude! We live in western Washington. Ain't nobody talking to nobody unless they've known you for a decade or more! Dream on on the hawt yoga pants wearing female neighbor talking to YOU! If this actually occurs two times per week, give me your address for I may need to consider a move!

Edited by shrubitup
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, shrubitup said:

Dude! We live in western Washington. Ain't nobody talking to nobody unless they've known you for a decade or more! Dream on on the hawt yoga pants wearing female neighbor talking to YOU! If this actually occurs two times per week, give me your address for I may need to consider a move!

Her name is Carol. I'm not talking about King County. :banana:

Really close to where the good riding is to boot. A little slice of Heaven. :cheers:

Edited by Beta300recat

4 minutes ago, Beta300recat said:

Her name is Carol. I'm not talking about King County. :banana:

Really close to where the good riding is to boot. A little slice of Heaven. :cheers:

OMG, Carol. :jawdrop: Possibly worth the distraction. :thinking:

• Helpful 1

+1 on the nastiness of brake kleen.  I've used the Maxima suspension cleaner and it's good.  But as mentioned I've started using 90% alcohol from the pharmacy more and more.  For cleaning parts I'll put them in my parts washer using kerosene.  For a final cleaning I switch to the alcohol using lint free cloths (from the medical industry). 

I also have a large ultrasonic cleaner with heat. SG in that with the heat on is excellent for cleaning a lot small parts and carb bodies if needed. I cleaned a dirty used cylinder I got once and it came out like new.

I was recently using it for range brass and it worked well but brass you had to limit the time with. Too much brass to clean though so I now use a citrus degreaser (citric acid based) in a bucket and brass is like new after soaking a few hours with no ill effects. I should try it on some old scrap bike parts of different materials.