Gaerne vs Sidi fit

My Gaerne G-Reacts are on their way out so I'm scoping some new slippers.  I've had good times w/ the G-Reacts, although every now and then I would get blisters on the tops of my little and 2nd little toe.  I was thinking that toe box height may have some influence on fit issue.  

Does Sidi have a taller toe box then Gaerne?

My Forma Terrain Tx boots were great out of the box and never caused the slightest bit of discomfort. . . 

I know that this is not what you are asking about, but since no one has responded I figured I would throw out some useless information for you.

Sidi are narrower, but I haven't had any issues with toe box height.  

Pretty specific question, wish I could offer better advice.  I love my Sidi's, anywhere local you can try some on?

If you’re anywhere near Denver, Performance has tons of boots in stock you can try on...

i wouldnt purchase boots without trying them on first. 

I tried on garnes and found them huge. My foot was wallowing around while buckled up tight. 

My sidis toe box is snug but not tight. One my second pair and its looser than the first was. Im wondering if theyre adapting to the fat foot market.

My guess is if the garnes worked for you width wise the sidis wont. 

• Like 1

On 12/3/2018 at 12:29 AM, bluespark said:

My Gaerne G-Reacts are on their way out so I'm scoping some new slippers.  I've had good times w/ the G-Reacts, although every now and then I would get blisters on the tops of my little and 2nd little toe.  I was thinking that toe box height may have some influence on fit issue.  

Does Sidi have a taller toe box then Gaerne?

I've never worn Gaerne, so I can't comment on them... but I own  a pair of Sidi Crossfire 2 SRS boots in size 10US (44EUR) and they fit me perfectly. The toe box height feels just right for me, never any blisters.  I didn't have any place to try them on nearby, so I picked my most comfortable fitting sneakers and used them as a size reference. My feet are on the thin side and are about 4 1/4" wide at the widest part, so maybe that'll help you gauge what boot might fit your needs. The general feedback seems to point to Sidi being for narrow feet and Gaerne being better for wider feet.