How to properly store the bike after riding season

just picked up a 05 450x that i have no idea about and was wondering how i should store it after season even though it’s a green sticker i’m probably not gonna ride for a while and was curious if i need to buy anything to store it or what’s the best way to store it so it will be perfect next time i wanna ride it because the battery would die and will the carb get clogged?

At a minimum, you want to:

1. Have stablizer in the fuel.

2. Change the anti-freeze if it's due (I do mine every other year)

3. Change the oil

4. Start it up, then shut-off the fuel, blip the throttle 3-4 times, the last of which you hold it mid range and hit the kill button.   This help keep the jet's clear.

4. Drain the fuel line and carb using the carb drain.

5. Pull the battery, keep it in a warm place, and leave it on a float charger (or charge it once a month).

Some say to drain the tank as well, but I'd rather keep it full even if it is plastic and condensation is not a big deal like it is with a steel tank.

Jim.

and BTW, I usually like to do all my maintenance at the end of the season.  That way it's ready to ride as soon as I pull it out.   So I also:

1. Pull the axel's, swing arm bolt, and all rear suspension pivot points and grease.

2. Check all bearings for play

3. Lube all my cables.

4. Change the plug (done every other year).

5. Clean the chain, lube, and adjust.

6. Check the valve lash.

and BTW, I usually like to do all my maintenance at the end of the season.  That way it's ready to ride as soon as I pull it out.   So I also:
1. Pull the axel's, swing arm bolt, and all rear suspension pivot points and grease.
2. Check all bearings for play
3. Lube all my cables.
4. Change the plug (done every other year).
5. Clean the chain, lube, and adjust.
6. Check the valve lash.

Thanks Jim!

after you drain the carb, blip the throttle a few times and open the choke and and try to start it with the throttle closed, repeat with throttle wide open, then close choke and then turn it over a few times with the hot start activated. That clears any fuel siting in the carb orifices. 

after you drain the carb, blip the throttle a few times and open the choke and and try to start it with the throttle closed, repeat with throttle wide open, then close choke and then turn it over a few times with the hot start activated. That clears any fuel siting in the carb orifices. 

thanks !