KERZ

Ryan Villopoto's 2T vs 4T test

Initially when Transworld Motocross teased this test between the YZ125 and YZ250 two-strokes vs the YZ250F and YZ450F, I was all over the concept of no BS just raw lap times.  However the test they ended up doing ended up majorly flawed since after testing the YZ125 and YZ250F they straight up switched tracks for the YZ250 and YZ450F test giving us 2 different sets of numbers that didnt relate.

Ideally id love to see a magazine round up KTM's 2019 lineup and get 6 test riders switching between bikes on a Pro-main track, Vet track, and Supercross track:

125sx, 150sx, 250sx vs 250sxf, 350sxf, 450sxf   Just raw lap times stacking all of them up against each other, no BS opinions, just the times. 

VOr97o7.jpg  

• Like 1

Seems to me like they tested 2 comparable bikes (yz125 and 250f) against each other and then again 2 comparable bikes (yz250 and 450f) against each other.  What is your problem? You wanted to see the yz125 vs the 450f? Why?

• Like 1

I agree. I wish they would’ve had all four bikes on the same track to compare numbers. However, the times between the bikes make sense when you think about their power output comparisons

9 hours ago, MixinGasKickinAss said:

Seems to me like they tested 2 comparable bikes (yz125 and 250f) against each other and then again 2 comparable bikes (yz250 and 450f) against each other.  What is your problem? You wanted to see the yz125 vs the 450f? Why?

It would be interesting to see how close they are.  Every open practice day you got guys riding everything and anything.  Be cool to see them all benchmarked.  

Edited by KERZ
  • Like 1

Its too bad they don't do all MX bike shootouts that way...give each rider/tester the chance to tune and ride each bike and do timed laps instead of subjectively picking a 'winner' based on peak horsepower numbers, fancy features, 'feel' and 'newness'...

Then, let the testers try to explain why they went slower on a newer bike they picked as the 'winner'...ha!

Of course, they won't do it because it's difficult and time consuming to do it right and it negates all the new bike hype.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, MixinGasKickinAss said:

No reason why not.  Seems dumb to use a different track for the big bikes.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, KERZ said:

It would be interesting to see how close they are.  Every open practice day you got guys riding everything and anything.  Be cool to see them all benchmarked.  

1 hour ago, turbo dan said:

No reason why not.  Seems dumb to use a different track for the big bikes.

Yeah you right 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, MixinGasKickinAss said:

I would have like to seen the times all on the same track mainly for the yz250 vs. 250f comparison.

• Like 3

the 250 2 stroke was just over 2 seconds behind the 450 after almost 2 minutes.... not bad at all considering it's a 13 year old design and a 2 stroke with 200 less cc's. Would of really been interesting to see how a 06 yz450f would do against the new 450f.