motocross Former 80's MXer here. Can you summerize what has happened to the sport (bikes specifically) since 1989?

I have shown them that USA sales are up over a 25 year period ,they are playing dumb and damaging the sport in the persuit of being a troll

I don't have a clue as to what's happening in Great Britain and you are absolutely clueless to what has been going on here in the US. That guy that called the shop in Avondale about the Suzy may very well have talked to my son. He worked there as well as two other Ridenow stores and two other non Ridenow stores here in the metro Phoenix area and one in Honolulu. I've been to all of the stores except the Honolulu store. I know one hell of a lot more about what's going on here than you do. You can spout off all these inaccurate figures all you want. They mean nothing and don't hide the truth except reinforce the undeniable truth that you are one big self centered blowhard......
What a joke ,this is evidence in your eyes , I'm embarrassed that I bothered to reply to you ...

17 minutes ago, mog said:
3 hours ago, Budlite said:
I don't have a clue as to what's happening in Great Britain and you are absolutely clueless to what has been going on here in the US. That guy that called the shop in Avondale about the Suzy may very well have talked to my son. He worked there as well as two other Ridenow stores and two other non Ridenow stores here in the metro Phoenix area and one in Honolulu. I've been to all of the stores except the Honolulu store. I know one hell of a lot more about what's going on here than you do. You can spout off all these inaccurate figures all you want. They mean nothing and don't hide the truth except reinforce the undeniable truth that you are one big self centered blowhard......

Read more  

What a joke ,this is evidence in your eyes , I'm embarrassed that I bothered to reply to you ...

you should be embarrassed........about the contents of your posts

• Like 1

you should be embarrassed........about the contents of your posts
Troll , use some facts in your post and I might believe something you write

1 hour ago, mog said:

I have shown them that USA sales are up over a 25 year period ,they are playing dumb and damaging the sport in the persuit of being a troll

That’s all the old guys from the 80’s/90’s buying bikes. Is a generational thing...

• Like 1

That’s all the old guys from the 80’s/90’s buying bikes. Is a generational thing...
Yes but lots are like me , bought for the kids as well , you cant know because companies say a 40 year old bought a bike ,a 40 year old rides the bike ?

4 hours ago, Budlite said:

mog expert troll..  he knows more whats going on at my local track redbud, which I can ride my bicycle to and hes 5k miles away.

• Like 1

I honestly didn't understand a word he was saying ,was he drunk ? I didn't even get the point he was trying to make

6 hours ago, mog said:

I honestly didn't understand a word he was saying ,was he drunk ? I didn't even get the point he was trying to make emoji2.png

You and @KTMRider4Life have denial issues. Look dude, we live here many of us have been riding dirtbikes since 70s and we know what is happening. On top of that, you are pretentious as hell. Do you see one person on this post telling you about the state of the economy and markets in Britain? No.

Just because you read some shit in magazines or industry rags and one guy who lives California which has much different market tells you something doesn't make it true. Next thing you know you will be telling us Clinton is president and Trump is mirage....:smashpc::smashpc::smashpc:  

21 hours ago, Budlite said:

a visit to any of the big powersport shops in the southwest will confirm the following:

"by: Jason Weigandt

Side-by-sides are going to rule us all. The motorcycle industry can talk about flat sales and dirt bike enthusiasts can talk about high prices, but side-by-sides are selling at insane numbers at insane prices and they don’t require discounts to sponsored local racers. They just sell. For huge money.

Local dealers are often propped up solely by these roll-caged cash cows. It makes total sense. Older folks have the cash, and it’s easier to justify this kind of spend. A $9,000 dirt bike to go ride by yourself or with your buddies? Good luck. A $20,000 vehicle that is fun for everyone? Mom says go for it and add 5 grand in accessories if you want. Dad could get hurt on the dirt bikes he’s been riding for the last 40 years, anyway."

A visit to the powersport stores would show that the sales showrooms are dominated by street bikes and 4 wheelers. On another post someone questioned why the salesman didn't deal with over the phone on a discounted Suzuki RM450. The salesman doesn't want to take up much of his time on this because he doesn't make much money off it. The discount comes directly out of the sales cut which is why they try to upsale it. Without upselling that discounted RM he will only make about $50. He'll make more on a nondiscounted bike especially a street bike. He'll make even more selling a 4 wheeler. Sales are down on mx bikes but the figures a being boosted by the off road bikes.

The salesman can't be bothered to make a sale? Give me a fucking break lol :rolleyes:

Its a common (dated) sales tactic to try and get the customer through the doors, the poor guy thinks the customer won't be able to resist their bs in person...

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, The Creature said:

The salesman can't be bothered to make a sale? Give me a &%$#@!ing break lol :rolleyes:

Its a common (dated) sales tactic to try and get the customer through the doors, the poor guy thinks the customer won't be able to resist their bs in person...

Can't be bothered to make a sale ?   They won't give out OTD prices unless you come to the store. The "salesman' that you talk to over the phone doesn't have the authority to give you a price. He simply takes the info and passes it up the foodchain.  You also can't take an offer sheet from the store to comparative shop at another store even one of their own. They have over 40 stores in 11 states. I have not been able to figure out how they stay in business. They are borderline abusive to customers but they do know how to get people financed that have questionable finance history. Therein may be the answer to how they stay in business. MX racers avoid them like the plague but as they buy out all the other local dealerships it gets harder and harder. Arizona is dominated by Ridenow. If you don't live in Arizona you should consider yourself fortunate. 

• Like 1

I'm amazed you believe that shit hahaha the timeless greasy boiler room sales tactic still works!

Edited by The Creature

Chacoone I think you have really bad denial /troll issues ,and your name calling as I give you evidence to prove the case doesn't help your cause either

I would never say the state of the UK is xyz as i went to my local store and saw ....it's embarrassing

" I went into a local store and this is how the whole of the USA is ....."

You want me to believe the whole of the USA is doing xyz based on a " feeling you have" but the actual numbers from the industry say the opposite. You are trolling and I don't mind that , but if I call you out don't get all defensive , it's not pleasant to read .

I would hate to see you write a scientific paper on the subject lol

On ‎12‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 2:14 PM, fishugly said:

Awesome! My first bike was a 1977 RM80. Broke the frame under the engine completely in half. Welded it back together, rode it for another yr or so then got a 1981 RM100, then went back to a 1983 RM80. Great soundtrack... and yes to whomever said it previously, those were magical days, to be sure!

Ha! My second bike was 78 RM80 and I also broke the frame under the engine!

• Like 1

On 12/14/2018 at 1:14 PM, mog said:

Sales are not down for the millionth time

2.4 % growth over a 24 year period , they are down on the boom period ,but they are above the sales before the boom period and been rising since the recession ended

2.4% total or 2.4% annually?

For 2.4 total over 24 years, most companies that sell multiple products would consider dropping the product. I could see someone complaining leaf blowers were more profitable. 

Scooters are like McDonald's, not a lot of prestige but after you sell a billion, the steady profit looks nice.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, mog said:

Chacoone I think you have really bad denial /troll issues ,and your name calling as I give you evidence to prove the case doesn't help your cause either

I would never say the state of the UK is xyz as i went to my local store and saw ....it's embarrassing

" I went into a local store and this is how the whole of the USA is ....."

You want me to believe the whole of the USA is doing xyz based on a " feeling you have" but the actual numbers from the industry say the opposite. You are trolling and I don't mind that , but if I call you out don't get all defensive , it's not pleasant to read .

I would hate to see you write a scientific paper on the subject lol

I don't have a "cause" that is your issue. I showed you graphs from Bloomberg Financial that clearly show after 2009's precipitous decline --which was almost 10 years ago-- bike sales both road and off road have stayed at their same middling level and have not recovered. And the trends among millennials clearly show bad things for the industry to come. Many of us have kids in that age group and it is crystal clear where things are headed.

And I just don't go into one local store I do a fair amount of travelling across the country with my job and their are reports by others in other geographic posted on TT of same things I see. 

There have been more than one posting that support what I have been saying and ON TOP OF THAT there are my observations plus those from many places in this country which have seen the same declining trends.

Don't have any reason to troll and you know that and I have no time to waste on that kind of nonsense.

I like you @mog so why don't we just agree to disagree?:cheers:

12 hours ago, Chaconne said:

I don't have a "cause" that is your issue. I showed you graphs from Bloomberg Financial that clearly show after 2009's precipitous decline --which was almost 10 years ago-- bike sales both road and off road have stayed at their same middling level and have not recovered. And the trends among millennials clearly show bad things for the industry to come. Many of us have kids in that age group and it is crystal clear where things are headed.

And I just don't go into one local store I do a fair amount of travelling across the country with my job and their are reports by others in other geographic posted on TT of same things I see. 

There have been more than one posting that support what I have been saying and ON TOP OF THAT there are my observations plus those from many places in this country which have seand since contradictingen the same declining trends.

Don't have any reason to troll and you know that and I have no time to waste on that kind of nonsense.

I like you @mog so why don't we just agree to disagree?:cheers:

and some contradicting you...  sorry dude but you're doing everything you abuse mog of....  

Didn't read this whole thread, as I'm sure by now it is way off course lol. Anyways, just from reading the title of the thread, I think 1 picture can sum up what happened. So here it is. The rest is history.

6195520752_a19fb6dc4c_o.jpg

Edited by ah665
  • Like 1
  • Helpful 2