jumpingfire

Best year for a kx250f

13-16 has the shit forks, personally I would get a 17 because this is the year they went back to the single spring forks and upgraded them.

On 12/10/2018 at 9:04 AM, Haney126 said:

13-16 has the shit forks, personally I would get a 17 because this is the year they went back to the single spring forks and upgraded them.

Went back to single spring forks?  What years did they go away from them on 250f's?...........

I would go any year from 2012 on.
2012 is when they started using the duel injector, significant power gain over the 11.
They also all use the SFF fork.
I’m 195 pounds and had no issues with the 12 at all, sold it with 70 hours on it absolutely zero issues

• Like 2

I own a 13 and it’s a great bike, but I’m not gonna lie I hate the sff forks. They are hard to dial in due to the amount of clicks and setting there are and the spring side fork is a pain in the ass to service. But the power is great and the ergonomics are also pretty good and I haven’t had any problems with it except for the times when I did something stupid while working on it. But other than that I would recommend the 13 if you don’t care about the forks and how they preform. The 13 and 14 are almost identical too. But take all of this with a grain of salt. It can very from experience to experience

Lots of misinformation in this thread. 

Facts:

11’ was the 1st year of fuel injection.

12’ was the first year for dual injectors which boosted overall Hp/torque.

11-16 all had Showa single function forks (single spring) 11&12 had type 1 SFF and 13-19 all have type 2 SFF, but with different spring and valving. Type 2 is easier to rebuild IMO.

13-16 have same bodywork, 09-12 had previous gen style bodywork.

14 got the launch control. 

15’ got a 270mm oversized front brake and went on a small diet. 16 

I would chose 13 and up with the fewest hours on it. 

• Like 4

On 1/11/2019 at 6:23 AM, pCp 450 said:

Lots of misinformation in this thread. 

Facts:

11’ was the 1st year of fuel injection.

12’ was the first year for dual injectors which boosted overall Hp/torque.

11-16 all had Showa single function forks (single spring) 11&12 had type 1 SFF and 13-19 all have type 2 SFF, but with different spring and valving. Type 2 is easier to rebuild IMO.

13-16 have same bodywork, 09-12 had previous gen style bodywork.

14 got the launch control. 

15’ got a 270mm oversized front brake and went on a small diet. 16 

I would chose 13 and up with the fewest hours on it. 

thats a good summery . i think 2015-up are the better versions . 

from 2015 they fixed upgrade many parts as you mentioned +  a self-locking rear axle nut and the 12-hole downstream injector disperses a finer 120-micrometer droplet sizse .

I have a '16 and it's a tank. Currently working on its 2nd top end. 170 hrs and no issues. I don't mind the suspension, re sprung it and it works ok. Revalve might help but it's not too high on the list.