Smallboreadv

Can I drill into a head tube?!

Enjoying watching your progress. In the 8th post the mounting plate is held on with the two lower Allen heads. Is the sweet three piece bracket mounted with those same two Allen heads only? 

Enjoying watching your progress. In the 8th post the mounting plate is held on with the two lower Allen heads. Is the sweet three piece bracket mounted with those same two Allen heads only? 

There are the two in the front and two on the sides, I’ll try to get a picture of them next time

IMG_8837.JPGIMG_8839.JPGIMG_8838.JPGIMG_8829.JPG

Slow progress, had to re-work the fairing slightly to optimize space for the Navi tower, not a huge surprise. Got my Acewell 3701 in the mail. Going to try to finish up the tower and faring this week

If you check out the world of X games 2018 rip to cabo you can see Ricky's rally set up, he took that bike.  The drifting the rally bike in flip flops on the sand was my favorite...

• Like 1

IMG_8883.JPGIMG_8884.JPGIMG_8885.JPGIMG_8886.JPG

Finally got the majority of the tower done. Going to put some “cool” holes in it for style. All that’s left is to mount a plate that navigation/instrumentation will attach to. Got a set of led pod lights coming. Need to order a street legal kit for the bike.

Oh buddy! Looking awesome. If you were closer my bike would be next!

I have had a few people tell me that haha. Bike is coming a long, lots of new parts in the mail.
  • Like 1

Got the lexan wind screen roughed out. Lexan is great for making very strong/clear windshields, however bending it can be tricky. I used a small hand held torch (heat gun wasn’t strong enough) very slowly heat the lexan while it is secured. Apply pressure while heating, eventually the lexan will begin to fold and hold its shape. Be very careful to not over heat it, the screen will begin to develop air bubbles in it. Also be aware of the material taken up in the bend, roughly .25” for me.

• Like 1

I tried lexan before with a heat gun. 8 sheets later I gave up. Props to you!

Ya I tried with a heat gun. Couldn’t get it to bend. Small propane torch is the way to go. I put the lexan in a vice with two shims on each side along the line I wanted to bend. Just kiss it with enough heat until it becomes soft.
  • Like 2

Happy new year to all! I have been away from the garage for a few days, found some black plastic to use as a prototype fairing. Currently experimenting with different ways to attach the fairing to the tank. Should finish it up tomorrow.

• Like 1

Hello all, got the fairing attached to the tank! Super strong and should do the trick ! Finalizing navigation setup. Made a bar mount for my Garmin. Using an iPad with downloaded maps for navigation and I can also use this as a digital roadbook (I need a Bluetooth switch)

• Like 1