Xtrainer 2018 Pipe Guard

Ptech if you like strong. P3 carbon if you like light. There's a guy not far from me selling the Ptech if you are on FB there is a Beta xtrainer page. 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/BetaXTrainer/permalink/1915462831877987/?sale_post_id=1915462831877987

Edited by redhurricane
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, shrubitup said:

Stock XT pipe is tinfoil strong concerning dents. 

Yep.  Fortunately for me,  17YZ250F put the gnarly on his bike, so now I have a spare for mine!  Plus, the dealer over in Dearborn also gave me a new one of his after he swapped pipes.  So I can bash up 3 of them.  But I have the P-Tech, so probably won't have any problems.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, WRider995 said:

Get the gnarly pipe.  Its like having a pipeguard.  I went down on grapefruit sized rocks.  Not a dent.  Oh, and you get smooth monster torque and more top end than stock.

Thanks for info. I’m now thinking about getting the Gnarly 

1 hour ago, markbfe501 said:

Yep.  Fortunately for me,  17YZ250F put the gnarly on his bike, so now I have a spare for mine!  Plus, the dealer over in Dearborn also gave me a new one of his after he swapped pipes.  So I can bash up 3 of them.  But I have the P-Tech, so probably won't have any problems.

Hi markbfe501, nice having 3 of them to destroy. P-Tech seems like way to go so that doesn’t happen 

On 12/5/2018 at 4:52 PM, redhurricane said:

Ptech if you like strong. P3 carbon if you like light. There's a guy not far from me selling the Ptech if you are on FB there is a Beta xtrainer page. 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/BetaXTrainer/permalink/1915462831877987/?sale_post_id=1915462831877987

Hi I’m not on FB but did check out the post you sent. Seems like a good deal. I’m now thinking of buying gnarly thanks 

6 hours ago, WRider995 said:

Get the gnarly pipe.  Its like having a pipeguard.  I went down on grapefruit sized rocks.  Not a dent.  Oh, and you get smooth monster torque and more top end than stock.

I think I would still get the pipe guard even if I decide to get the gnarly. Thanks

• Helpful 1

15 hours ago, WRider995 said:

Just buy 2 gnarly’s.  ?The prices of some pipeguards ive seen are STEEP

By the time you buy a decent skid plate and some sort of pipe guard, it's really not that much more to buy a p-tech (or similar)

I'd rather have 1 pipe and keep it protected then dinging up pipes.

Edited by 17YZ250F
  • Like 1
  • Helpful 1

Agreed.  Riding locale has something to do with the decision too.  Here in MI its almost all sand and dents are rare.  If u do dent one its usually from logs.  With a beefy gnarly on, even more rare.  Now if ur riding rock gardens and log pits the added protection is sensible.  Adding guards and weight that comes with them might not be a benefit for some riders depending on what and where you ride.

But if u ride only drummond island disregard all that.  I thought i was across the globe with all those rocks!