ironhead_2007

2019 480 RE IMS 3.1 fuel tank install

Pack a lunch when installing this tank!! The install requires rerouting the main wire harness under the crossmember of the frame,unplugging the injectors everything.  I hit a snag on this plug I haven’t seen before and don’t want to damage it. Any advise on disconnecting it would be appreciated. Thanks4140904F-5F36-4CAF-80E1-AACFB3FDB067.jpeg.d0e74c152a7731f1b11db27062fecd5f.jpeg

A06F62CE-E2B4-48D8-9BE3-833055F3C916.jpeg

My dealer (MotoXotica) installed mine. They said that it was ALOT of work.  They said, “I hope you don’t plan on switching tanks often.”

B385C03B-6511-433C-9AF0-0F8C1DE830E8.jpeg

3 hours ago, randysoo said:

That's odd. I just put on the IMS tank on my 18 390 and the harness was already routed under the red frame member

Probably depends on how much wine the wiring guy had at lunch.

1 hour ago, Piney Woods said:

Probably depends on how much wine the wiring guy had at lunch.

That is a true statement. Years ago 1990's I was in Bologna and drove in to the Ducati factory. Got a full tour of the factory by the American Sales Mgr who happened to be there on a slow Friday. He took me to the lunchroom. They have a full bar. Wine and Beer anyway. I chowed down on some food and had a little wine. It was awesome. But I wondered how shit gets done after lunch. 

On 12/6/2018 at 6:38 PM, ChaseJJ said:

They have a full bar.

Funny.  I had the same experience at the Ducati factory in the late 90s.  We arrived a bit early for a tour of the (then relatively new) Museo Ducati, so they put us in the cafeteria to wait for our appointment, where I was surprised to see a full bar.  Such a huge cultural difference from what you'd see at a manufacturing facility in Japan for example.