Pro x vs Vertex Motorcycle Pistons?

Time for another rebuild on my KTM...I mean Husqvarna.  Last time around I used a Vertex, but I can get a really good deal on a Pro x (about $40 cheaper).  Please no Wiseco or forged vs cast discussions, keep the discussion limited to Pro x vs. Vertex.

Is there any reason I shouldn't go with Pro x?  Aren't they the OEM on Jap bikes?

Thx for posting this. I was going to post this exact question. Only I have a cr250r. I was stuck between these 2 and going OEM. But it looks as though ProX is the OEM replacement for my bike. 

If it helps I've only heard good things about these 2 brands. I believe that Vertex is the OEM replacement for your bike. I think the Vertex is rates higher from what I can see.

• TT Sponsor
On 12/6/2018 at 6:24 AM, 95jersey said:

Time for another rebuild on my KTM...I mean Husqvarna.  Last time around I used a Vertex, but I can get a really good deal on a Pro x (about $40 cheaper).  Please no Wiseco or forged vs cast discussions, keep the discussion limited to Pro x vs. Vertex.

Is there any reason I shouldn't go with Pro x?  Aren't they the OEM on Jap bikes?

Our two-stroke pistons are hypereutectic cast and are manufactured by Japanese OE suppliers. We have a lot of customers and racers running our pistons in their new model KTMs (both orange and white) and everyone has been really happy with them.

• Like 8

31 minutes ago, Rob@ProX said:

Our two-stroke pistons are hypereutectic cast and are manufactured by Japanese OE suppliers. We have a lot of customers and racers running our pistons in their new model KTMs (both orange and white) and everyone has been really happy with them.

I've just recently found out Pro X is owned by Wiseco. Is anything changed? Do I have to order through Wiseco now? I'm going to be ordering one of your piston kits for my CR250R. Honda and another shop have told me they're discontinued, but I've seen the link on the Wisco page.

• TT Sponsor
Just now, I'm trying said:

I've just recently found out Pro X is owned by Wiseco. Is anything changed? Do I have to order through Wiseco now? I'm going to be ordering one of your piston kits for my CR250R. Honda and another shop have told me they're discontinued, but I've seen the link on the Wisco page.

We are actually not owned by Wiseco, we are owned by the same parent company, but still operate independently. As a result, Wiseco stocks and sells a lot of our product in the US, but there are still many other dealers in the US that sell our products as well.

• Helpful 1

12 minutes ago, Rob@ProX said:

We are actually not owned by Wiseco, we are owned by the same parent company, but still operate independently. As a result, Wiseco stocks and sells a lot of our product in the US, but there are still many other dealers in the US that sell our products as well.

But you're pistons and rods still made in Japan correct?

32 minutes ago, Rob@ProX said:

Ok thank you for the reply. But should I order through the Wiseco Website with the Pro X link? I'm in Canada and as far as the power sport store I deal with and Honda themselves, these are discontinued. 

• TT Sponsor
1 hour ago, I'm trying said:

Ok thank you for the reply. But should I order through the Wiseco Website with the Pro X link? I'm in Canada and as far as the power sport store I deal with and Honda themselves, these are discontinued. 

Let me check with the team on the best places to purchase in Canada and I will let you know ASAP.

• Like 1

• NoFiddyPilot changed the title to Pro x vs Vertex Motorcycle Pistons?