Made this for my son for Christmas

Thanks, guys. Both my parents worked in rehab medicine when I was a young boy. All they knew about motorcycles were the terrible things that happen to the human body when things go horribly wrong. I ended up saving all the money I had to buy a used XR80 at 14 years old. They weren’t happy but they let me keep it. My dad wasn’t real mechanical so I learned from friends and books.... And now I use YouTube...!
I’m so happy that I am fortunate enough to share the joy of dirt bike riding with with both my son, and daughter. My wife still isn’t interested...[emoji1743]‍[emoji3603]
IMG_3382.jpg
IMG_7345.jpg
IMG_7349.jpg

• Like 22
  • Helpful 1

Very cool unique gift, one he will probably keep for the rest of his life.

Your a lucky guy to be able to share a sport you are interested in with your kids who also enjoy it.

My millennial son now 22 has no interest in riding probably because all of his friends are not interested either, when I was his age all I wanted to do was ride. Different strokes I guess.

I am also from NJ where I used to ride the gravel pits and pine barrens of south jersey, to bad it is now illegal to do so these days but that is a rant for another time.

Enjoy the time with your kids...

• Like 7

4 hours ago, Team Roost said:

Your a lucky guy to be able to share a sport you are interested in with your kids who also enjoy it.

My millennial son now 22 has no interest in riding probably because all of his friends are not interested either, when I was his age all I wanted to do was ride. Different strokes I guess.

I am also from NJ where I used to ride the gravel pits and pine barrens of south jersey, to bad it is now illegal to do so these days but that is a rant for another time.

Ya my son is 11 and he has already lost interest in some of the sports I like. My son had/has good natural skills on dirtbikes, bicycles, and skateboards at a young age. But lost interest in those and is now consumed with parkour. I can't do shit in that domain can't even help him. Relegated to watching, which I have gotten good at and enjoy --and he still likes it when I show up to watch... :ride:

• Like 2

On 12/6/2018 at 5:45 PM, Myboyblue said:

My FMF pipe ended up with a hole in it. I cleaned it up, cut it up, and mounted it. I used some bull dog clips to hold the pictures. Easy to swap out pics. IMG_7281.jpg

IMG_7282.jpg

IMG_7283.jpg

IMG_7299.jpg

IMG_7364.jpg

Nice work Dad? much respect!

Now......   What are you hiding behind the beige towels in your first pic..... in the workshop?

• Like 2

Nice work Dad[emoji106] much respect!

Now......   What are you hiding behind the beige towels in your first pic..... in the workshop?

Wow!! You got a good [emoji872]. It’s a 2012

KLX110. This year my daughter gets a new bike for Christmas. She’s moving up from PW50. It’s probably going to be a hair big for her but she’s the type of person who needs a slow transition into new things, which is nothing like my son and I. So I’ve learned to expose her to things a little early and by the time she’s ready, things seem to be perfect.

IMG_7244.jpg.bcabce7fa72bdc752e9267441164f69f.jpg

• Like 8

12 minutes ago, Myboyblue said:

Wow!! You got a good emoji872.png. It’s a 2012

KLX110. This year my daughter gets a new bike for Christmas. She’s moving up from PW50. It’s probably going to be a hair big for her but she’s the type of person who needs a slow transition into new things, which is nothing like my son and I. So I’ve learned to expose her to things a little early and by the time she’s ready, things seem to be perfect.

IMG_7244.jpg.bcabce7fa72bdc752e9267441164f69f.jpg

LOL, I'm no stranger to things hiding out in the workshop!  You're the man!

• Like 3

Thanks for the kind words. Yeah... We used to ride those pits too. Hamilton area was one of my favorites. Drove by the entrance years ago and found all condos built there now. It was the late 80’s and early 90’s that we spent a lot of time there. It seems the only way to ride there these days is through a club or through a event sponsored by a club. I live in Union County, NJ. I joined a MC OFF ROAD CLUB out of South Jersey which gets me access occasionally. My son did a handful of Hare Scrambles this past season and he and I both hope to more this coming season.

• Like 1

?:cheers: Like others have said , great job and time goes fast, my son was too young to dirt with me in the 80;s now we do some road rides together, we get to go through pics and 8mil movies of them sitting on the old bikes,81YZ465,84YZ490, we get along great, enjoy your time cause it goes so fast...:cheers::cool:

• Like 1

Ya I'm an old single dude but I'm lucky enough to have meet some great family's who are into dirt biking and I have to say some of my best rides have been with the dads and their girls/boys. I'd be ripping as fast as I could. Stop and 2 of the young dudes would be right there. I was like one of you guys want to lead for a bit and they were nope, we love following you.

Then just hanging out at the end of the day at the camp site with the family's was priceless.

• Like 3