Babywolf

Good lightweight toy haulers/campers

8 hours ago, gberry50 said:

I have towed my forest river grey wolf 27rr several thousand miles with two bikes using 2013 ford crew cab 5.0 coyote .I use a load leveler hitch and air lift

load levelers works great with all the comforts of home .

The last 1/2 ton that I had was a 2013 f150 4x4 with the 5.0 and 6 speed auto.  Once I put a Rzr and atv inside the camper, and 2 bikes in the bed of the truck - that poor thing had to pull in 4th gear at high rpm's to go anywhere.  It did it though.  

• Like 2

Very impressive trailer, looks to be well engineered. Great options.
What is the approximate price where you are? 

They’re not cheap but they are solid. $15K new about $12k used.

I bought an Avenger 18th a couple of years ago.  It is under 5000 lbs dry.  Was told it was fine to tow with a 1/2 ton.  It was just ok to tow with the 1/2 ton.  I now have a 3/4 ton.  Don't believe the tow ratings or the salesman.   It isn't so much the trailer weight as it seems the wind resistance of the trailer plays a bigger part.  The 3/4 ton handles it much better.  
Needz Torque.

19 hours ago, HevyRotashunz said:

Yup, truck and nice hotel room with lounge, hot tub and pool. At 100-150 a night, it'll take 70 nights to equal a decent toy hauler. Must have a hot shower after a day of riding hard.

So, one summer for a retired guy... Or less.

10 hours ago, Babywolf said:

Lots of good info from TT, so far of the ones here the Falcon 23TH looks like what I am shooting for, but garage space looks small?

This may give some idea of the garage size,..... Took the pic when setting up the bike-shoe. I can get the Beta and the XC Husky in there with out much fuss.

IMG_1591.JPG

• Like 3

Bought my GMC 2500 in 99, decided I needed a toy hauler after I retired. I got a Dutchmen Razorback 1950. 24' hitch to bumper, 5800# empty. 80 g fresh, 40 g each black and grey water. 25 g fuel tank. Room for 4 bikes with easy kitchen access. Queenish bunk in frt, shitter NOT in shower!

20141108_150137.jpg

Edited by RichBaker
  • Like 1

On 12/7/2018 at 10:11 PM, HevyRotashunz said:

Yup, truck and nice hotel room with lounge, hot tub and pool. At 100-150 a night, it'll take 70 nights to equal a decent toy hauler. Must have a hot shower after a day of riding hard.

Actually, this is good math here Hevy. Include the payments on the HD truck needed to haul it and the extra fuel to get where yer going, all of a sudden a hotel and small enclosed trailer behind a car makes good sense. Of course it all depends on distance and number of times per year.  Not much maintenance and upkeep on a hotel room too. 

• Like 1

Actually, this is good math here Hevy. Include the payments on the HD truck needed to haul it and the extra fuel to get where yer going, all of a sudden a hotel and small enclosed trailer behind a car makes good sense. Of course it all depends on distance and number of times per year.  Not much maintenance and upkeep on a hotel room too. 
I have a paid for tow rig, but also have no place to park a trailer on my small suburban lot.

No need for a black light to inspect sheets and carpet in my toy hauler.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1