TE300i S3 Head

Im coming up to 50 hrs on mine and while im not happy with off idle, I love this bike. Ive stalled it twice? since i lowered the brake pedal (I got big clumsy feet)

Most of my riding has been in Gnarly rooty rocky with lots of steep, and not riding for 6-8 years, my first reaction posted on my club page was " Fck a bike that does every thing right!"

One ride 1100 ft to 6800ft without stopping, no issue w mixture and it was steep more often than not. Rediscoved one of my old favorite trails that day, "ping ping" was always tough on carbed bikes no matter how they were jetted it seemed, 300i just kept rockin up it!

After 40ish years of Big bore two stroke Im really impressed with this motor, Its not my 380 EXC, but most of that big midrange hit was for my ego rather than usefull!

Ill be playing with a JD tuner and an idle screw when i get around to putting them on, and dont need to.

susp a bit soft for going fast but it worked great in rocky tech stuff, my forks are full moto stiff and ill be revalving to the six days alternate shimm spec when i get around to it

Ha ha, best part is the last bike I bought new was a 78? qualifier 250, with oil injection, 12-14 bikes later technology has caught up with the 70s again and I dont have to mix gas (or rejet, lol)

• Like 1

Thanks for all the recent very knowledable comments on the 300i/tpi.  Ordered up the RK head today for high elevation 5K plus.  Will have to run race fuel below 5K in elevation. Hearing loud and clear the JD tuner is the way to go.    The person I talked to at RK seemed to think it’s safe to run their head without a tuner.  I am  heading in the right direction now thanks to TT.  

• Like 1