A great beginner's bike that's not easily outgrown?

On 12/7/2018 at 3:46 PM, piltoyougram said:

Beta X-Trainer 300 great bike, lower then the norm. 2 stroke, (easy to rebuild) Will also hold it's resale value.

Easily outgrown IMO. Depending on how much riding you plan on doing 

Get a Beta RR300, but the Xtrainer exhaust on it and you have a great beginners bike. For people of normal size. When you need more power than, remount the rr exhaust.

for small people you get a xtrainer and when y need more power, mount the rr pipe . In that direction you have to rejet, i think.

I ride the rr with the xt pipe.

concerning the CRF230: nice beginnerbike for small people. I really love Honda!

Edited by engl
  • Helpful 1

Get a Beta RR300, but the Xtrainer exhaust on it and you have a great beginners bike. For people of normal size. When you need more power than, remount the rr exhaust.
for small people you get a xtrainer and when y need more power, mount the rr pipe . In that direction you have to rejet, i think.

If it weren't for the suspension on the potty trainer, I would've made my decision already. I'm sure its leagues ahead of my 230, but still not quite up to par from what I'm constantly hearing. I'm thinking 200-300RR (thinking 250 will be a great medium..) for my next bike, among a couple other candidates. Gonna wait and see what people say about the 200 once it comes out.

13 minutes ago, engl said:

Great advice regarding the RR with xt pipe 

8 minutes ago, 230 Sausage said:
18 minutes ago, engl said:

Read more  

If it weren't for the suspension on the potty trainer, I would've made my decision already. I'm sure its leagues ahead of my 230, but still not quite up to par from what I'm constantly hearing. I'm thinking 200-300RR (thinking 250 will be a great medium..) for my next bike, among a couple other candidates. Gonna wait and see what people say about the 200 once it comes out.

I always forget about suspensions, you’re right.

I take my suspension from bike to bike!

On 12/7/2018 at 11:37 AM, 230 Sausage said:

Perhaps this review will help!

I honestly should have started with this instead of my KLX250. dont get me wrong I think the extra weight might have helped me lol. Kind of like when i first started to mountain bike in my teens I was using a 60lb mongoose..then switching to a 28 lb trek I would fly and glide on the trails.  looking back now, yes, I should have went with a 230F. 

• Like 1

Nah, I'm going straight up to 200cc or larger 2 stroke. My list of potential bikes includes beta 200/250/300RR, YZ 250X, and GPX TSE250R. So far anyway.