Help Finding Some DRZ Accessories

So I have some winter projects planned for my DRZ. A few things on my list are proving to be a bit harder to find than I originally remember than to be:

1. Looking for an AFR gauge, preferably small and "water proof".

2. Exhaust heat shield. Replacing my RS2 with an MRD.

3. Speedometer Eliminator / Canceler (Like what Zeta used to sell)

So I have some winter projects planned for my DRZ. A few things on my list are proving to be a bit harder to find than I originally remember than to be:
1. Looking for an AFR gauge, preferably small and "water proof".
2. Exhaust heat shield. Replacing my RS2 with an MRD.
3. Speedometer Eliminator / Canceler (Like what Zeta used to sell)

Haven't tired these but they claim to be the only all weather gauge. https://teamalbaracing.com/i-23900773-alba-racing-wide-band-afr-gauge.html

MRD used to sell clamp on heat shields.

eBay. They are a bit expensive since they are shipping from Australia. I think you can just use another spacer from the left side if your not concerned with concealing the drive casting.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ohiodrz400sm said:

Haven't tired these but they claim to be the only all weather gauge. https://teamalbaracing.com/i-23900773-alba-racing-wide-band-afr-gauge.html

eBay. They are a bit expensive since they are shipping from Australia. I think you can just use another spacer from the left side if your not concerned with concealing the drive casting.

I remember seeing the Australian option on eBay a while back, and was hoping Zeta would come back in stock somewhere, but it looks like they have just stopped making them. I may have to pull my wheels and look, my Warp9 wheels definitely do not have the "tangs" so the other spacer route may not look bad. Otherwise I may have to go the Australian route. Just stinks spending that much for something that is purely cosmetic.

I'll share what else I have found too, as it maybe helpful to anyone else who is looking, and I'm still very much open to suggestions. On the heat sheild, MRD doesn't list those clamp on carbon fiber heat shields anymore unfortunately. I should have asked Dave about that as I had to send a couple of emails to him, as I had one problem on the website, and needed him to add an O2 bung.  I have already ordered a generic heat shield from eBay, I may order a CRF250 heat sheild as well though after I found this:

Reference Link: Z-Carbon Heat Shield for DRZ MRD Pipe

DRC Heat Protector

Z-Carbon Exhaust Heat Shield/Ex-Pipe Guard

The one I ordered from eBay is this:

Dirt Bike Silver Exhaust Heat Shield Guard Cover Fit Yamaha Kawasaki USA STOCK <-- I planned on just trimming and bending as necessary, but keeping it mostly straight, then polishing it. Mounting it using the mount kit MRD sells.

RB Racing makes gauges specifically for motorcycles, although they can be used on other things, at first glance they look ugly, but in other pictures I've noticed they seem to have an overlay and look a bit better.

RSR Air/Fuel Ratio Gauges <-- They make two version both a regular O2 sensor version, and a wideband version.

I didn't see pricing at all on RB's website though, so I figure I'll call him Monday and ask him a few questions.

**edit** Careful what you click on, TT took some of links changed into ads.... Really? I can see taking random words and converting them into "adsense" ads, but converting things that were already links into links, that's sort of misleading, and spammy...   Admittedly I doubt they have much control over it, I bet its looking for key words, but still.... **edit**

Edited by OhioYJ

2 hours ago, ohiodrz400sm said:

I also have an email out to Malone racing, as I essentially want to copy your LTZ intake that you pictured a while back. Right now they only have the complete setup listed, so I'm trying to only buy the intake stuff from them.

I also have an email out to Malone racing, as I essentially want to copy your LTZ intake that you pictured a while back. Right now they only have the complete setup listed, so I'm trying to only buy the intake stuff from them.
I think you can get the tube , coupler and clamps here.http://www.hps-siliconehoses.com/20-degree-bend-aluminum-tubing.html?___store=default

I'm pretty sure you'll just need to cut 1 side shorter on the carb side. I think you'll need the 2 -1/4 radius bend.

If you do buy the tube from Malone ask if you can get it without the welded bracket. It will save to the trouble of cutting and sanding the weld.
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, ohiodrz400sm said:

I think you can get the tube , coupler and clamps here.http://www.hps-siliconehoses.com/20-degree-bend-aluminum-tubing.html?___store=default

I'm pretty sure you'll just need to cut 1 side shorter on the carb side. I think you'll need the 2 -1/4 radius bend.

If you do buy the tube from Malone ask if you can get it without the welded bracket. It will save to the trouble of cutting and sanding the weld.

Nice, I bet that will end up being cheaper. HPS is pretty high on their shipping prices,  so it's cheaper from eBay sellers, but I have those in my watch list, so I'll wait and see what Malone says, but I'll probably go the HPS route.

18 hours ago, Diverdown said:

If you didn't find one yet, Wheeling Cycle should have the speedo eliminator.

I wish, I'm a big fan of Wheeling Cycle Supply. However the DRZ one has been listed as out of stock for a long time.

• Like 1

Call Langston Racing. I ordered a Zeta carbon chain guard a while back because they were the only place that showed it was in stock. After a few days when it didn't ship I called them because I figured like everyone else they didn't have it. I was told it was discontinued but they had located one and it would ship in a few days. Just as they said 2 days later I got the tracking number.
To the point, if you give them the Zeta p/n maybe they can track one down for you

• 4 weeks later...

Well, all my intake stuff has been sitting in the garage for a while now, got the exhaust now:

mrd1.jpg

Pretty sure I got the AFR gauge / controller narrowed down. The place I'm picking up the CylinderWorks big bore kit from is actually not far from my house. Got to finish up a couple quick things on my R6, then I can start on the DRZ.

• Like 1

So I have all my intake stuff. A few might have noticed the O2 bung in the MRD, the AFR gauge and O2 sensor showed up:

afrgauge1.jpg

The big bore kit should show up early this week.  Should be all set to start tearing apart the DRZ real soon.

• Like 1

So I have all my intake stuff. A few might have noticed the O2 bung in the MRD, the AFR gauge and O2 sensor showed up:
afrgauge1.jpg&key=1e1ea4d6959d693c7d6d0c2df11d2804a1652e9d68c6ddc9e125749f5b494b35
The big bore kit should show up early this week.  Should be all set to start tearing apart the DRZ real soon.
Did you find the 'speedometer cancellor'?
I didn't see it on Wheeling Cycle site either. But l called & talked to Forrest & they had it.
Worth a try...

8 minutes ago, Diverdown said:

Did you find the 'speedometer cancellor'?
I didn't see it on Wheeling Cycle site either. But l called & talked to Forrest & they had it.
Worth a try...

I didn't (other than the expensive Australian one), I have a list of things still to order after the power stuff is done, I guess I should  call Forrest. Wheeling's site is looking a bit bare these days on the DRZ side. Even eBay is a bit bare for DRZ stuff, at least for some of the stuff I'm looking for. I'll call him, as I'm wanting to replace all the body panels (which are listed), but fasteners for the air box door aren't, aren't, and I don't want the standard UFO front fender. I'd also like a blue headlight shroud.

Right now the cosmetic stuff has been a bit lower on the priority list, as I've been ordering all the "go fast goodies" at the moment.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 2/2/2019 at 10:31 PM, Diverdown said:

Just realized, I saved the package, item/part# may help you find one ?...

Thanks, I tried the part number but still no luck.

I talked to my paint guy he wants my tank tomorrow. Decided to go all black. He's going to remove all the graphics, and repaint / clear the tank for me. New black plastics coming from Wheeling. They were out of stock on the black headlight shroud so that is coming from a dealer.  Here eventually I'll have a bunch of build pictures.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, OUTERLIMITS said:

I just pulled the odometer off of a DRZ400K and replaced the cable and right side drive with an oem spacer and seal from the left side.  Can't imagine anything easier or cleaner than doing it that way. 

So the left side and right side are identical? I also have Warp 9 wheels which may complicate things on the seal side. I guess I will have to look at it closer when I pull the wheels off for tires this next time. If thats the case, I will just go that route.

3 hours ago, OhioYJ said:

So the left side and right side are identical? I also have Warp 9 wheels which may complicate things on the seal side. I guess I will have to look at it closer when I pull the wheels off for tires this next time. If thats the case, I will just go that route.

Not sure, but I would imagine if the Warp 9 wheel accepts the stock speedo drive that it would work.  And yes, with both spacers and both seals in, it centers the wheel just like it did with the drive gear in place. 

• Like 1