Antoni Berg

Harsh finger pain from riding

Hi guys,

I’ve been dealing with some harsh finger pain the last few months after riding. I have attached a photo showing where on my fingers this pain is. My middle finger and ring finger are the ones most affected. The pain is in the bones. I’ve never experienced this pain before, and it really sucks since it has gotten to the point where I’m almost unable to ride. The pain subsides really slow, and it takes weeks before it gets better. I’m only 20 years old, so assume my fingers should still be in good condition.

Curiously, it started after I had some trouble with alignment of my front forks and front wheel resulting from a crash. You think this may have anything to do with it? Have any of you guys experienced the same issue? Any tips on how to make it go away?

Thanks in advance

fingers.jpg

Edited by Antoni Berg

Switch to a bigger grip. I have had the pain your talking about. Also could be not using your knees enough forcing too much grip strength. Run a larger soft grip

I know this is late but:

How much do you weight? are you over weight? You may not be using your knees as much as you should causing a lot of push and pulling on your fingers and hands/wrists. Is your riding set up on par with your body and position? We need to know if this is rider error or bike error that is causing this pain.