Dr Mark still around? question on MRI

I had a question cause my dad is frustrated, all the PA tells him is "looks good". This is the MRI results of his post operative follow up for brain tumor. He underwent Gamma knife treatment but the wording in this diagnosis confuses me. It seems to elude to that the tumor got larger but then eludes to it getting smaller and it mentions necrosis but it doesn't say necrosis of the tumor tissue or normal brain tissue. Not looking for diagnosis, just clarification on what this actually says.

"They have not increased in terms of mass effect but are slightly prominent in terms of overall dimensions. Diffusion images show no restrictions.

Impression:

"Treatment effects again identified with postoperative changes and residual areas of enhancement adjacent to the operative margin on the left no new enhancing abnormalities are seen. Persistent enhancement is slightly larger but has no new mass effect and has a pattern suggesting necrosis.

I had a question cause my dad is frustrated, all the PA tells him is "looks good". This is the MRI results of his post operative follow up for brain tumor. He underwent Gamma knife treatment but the wording in this diagnosis confuses me. It seems to elude to that the tumor got larger but then eludes to it getting smaller and it mentions necrosis but it doesn't say necrosis of the tumor tissue or normal brain tissue. Not looking for diagnosis, just clarification on what this actually says.
"They have not increased in terms of mass effect but are slightly prominent in terms of overall dimensions. Diffusion images show no restrictions.
Impression:
"Treatment effects again identified with postoperative changes and residual areas of enhancement adjacent to the operative margin on the left no new enhancing abnormalities are seen. Persistent enhancement is slightly larger but has no new mass effect and has a pattern suggesting necrosis.

PAs shouldn’t be evaluating brain tumor cases. Where’s the neurosurgeon ??

Good question, it's his biannual scan follow up he had surgery 2 years ago but I did agree it should be the doctor.

Edited by pavetim