Before you buy them, what best describes you?

For the following dirt bike parts, how much time & effort do you put into researching the product before buying them? 

Scale from 1 to 5

1 = Not much. Most of the brands found at the top retailers are all pretty good.
5 = A fair bit! I really want to understand what the product is made from and how it's built before I bolt them on my bike.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Please give your 1 to 5 rating for each of the following dirt bike parts:

A. Brake Lines
B. Brake Pads
C. Brake Rotors

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

Copy paste A. through C above and type your rating after each.

What's in it for you?

A. Brake Lines 2
B. Brake Pads 4 
C. Brake Rotors 3

Most of it is price checking. Eg, found a 'Riptide' brake rotor on ebay which is the same as the Tusk one for less.

1    lines                                                                                                                                                                                                   
5    pads                                                                                                                                                                                                   
4    rotors                                                             

A. Brake Lines - 0;  I have a local guy make them for Me, real top quality stuff.
B. Brake Pads - 5.
C. Brake Rotors - 5.

Basically....I'm a cheap b*stard but don't want rubbish either so I spend a fair bit of time looking for that elusive real cheap but real good stuff. :D

• Like 1

A. Brake Lines - 1
B. Brake Pads - 1
C. Brake Rotors - 1 

Lowest priced proven brands, cheapest rotor regardless of brand. Research has already been done throughout the years, maybe that makes em all 5s?

• Like 2

A. Brake Lines 1 (steel braided are pretty much all the same imo)
B. Brake Pads 3
C. Brake Rotors 1

A. Brake Lines 5
B. Brake Pads 5
C. Brake Rotors 5

I'm sort of a huge nerd when it comes to bike parts and I always want to find the best value for the best parts and I like learning everything I can about them before I order. It's a hob-session.
But I love trying new/off brands sometimes also and being pleasantly surprised (such as Outlaw Racing products - really decent and well-priced stuff).

• Like 1

A. Brake Lines 1 (because I always use Goodridge or Galfer)
B. Brake Pads 1 (because I always use EBC)
C. Brake Rotors 4  

...maybe you could say I already did all the research and testing on A&B throughout the years...at any rate, I don't skimp on the brakes, frequent inspection is important as well.

On 12/13/2018 at 9:02 PM, William1 said:

A. Brake Lines 5
B. Brake Pads 5
C. Brake Rotors 5

Brakes are the most critical part of the bike. Alternative methods of stopping are unpleasant.

Awesome line