I need help

The 250f would go better in technical. the 125 would have to be run too hard which is exhausting

edit: maybe gear the bike down for single track.

Op is only 110 lbs. I was bigger when I started riding w/ a KX80 on tough trails. That kx80 contributed to better skills.

OP, you'll probably get hooked on 2stroke powerband. In a couple years, maybe get a ktm/kdx200 or a 250/300.

• 3 weeks later...
edit: maybe gear the bike down for single track.Op is only 110 lbs. I was bigger when I started riding w/ a KX80 on tough trails. That kx80 contributed to better skills.
OP, you'll probably get hooked on 2stroke powerband. In a couple years, maybe get a ktm/kdx200 or a 250/300.

I have a 250f I hate 2 strokes [emoji23][emoji23]but yeah
  • Sad 1

The two stroke will definitely teach you better skills on a bike such as throttle and clutch control. The smoker will be cheaper to rebuild and maintain and it is much lighter for a smaller framed person to throw around. 

The 250 has about the same power but is easier to ride. More expensive to maintain. 

I ride 4 stroke and 2 stroke and love both. If you buy a bike you find interesting and maintain it well, you will not be disappointed either way. 

• Like 1

When I was young and very light like you, I had a 2003 kx125 that I trail road. They are a blast to ride and you gotta keep the revs up. It will make you a MASTER of clutch control as you will be using it a lot in tight situations. The 125 will make you a better rider in the long run.

Edited by Boertmann84
  • Like 1