throttle body question.

My 2016 low hrs(29.59) has had running issues since 10-12 hrs. I contacted a dealer and he is working with me to find an answer but figured id ask here in case its not uncommon. I have intermittent flame outs, high idle, more than the 300-500 rpm hunting idle issues, have them too. but occasionally it hangs at 1/4 or more throttle. I thought it was cable related. modified housing to allow adjustment of cable, swapped plastic throttle tube to alum G2. but every so often it will keep high idle, snap the throttle with cable off and it just stays higher rpm. Was also having starting issues etc. got the TPS tool, tried adjusting that and resetting stepper. TPS was at .48 now at .62 as instructed in that thread. its worse. I pulled the throttle body to check for dirt, was very little. checked air filter fit and its rather good. I do have a gap around the throttle plate to housing. Is this normal?

http://9807A9F3-3BE9-4E53-A430-9A3DA7968C19.jpe

Edited by cruzzer
picture

No, there is something wrong with your Throttle body. Really wrong.

That dirt is not good either, it is screwing up your sensors and your stepper motor and motor bypass.

You might want to look at this video regarding air cleaner leaking issues with some airboxes. It completely solved my 'sucking dirt' problem.

• Like 1

I emailed the dealer my pics and vin number and hour meter info. He said he is contacting beta and hopes to have an answer early next week. I just wasn't sure. I deal with throttle bodies off bigger stuff and I thought this was bad. Just wasn't sure if it was bad but normal.

I have to add, the dealer that is helping me wasn't who I bought it from. He has been extremely helpful so far. Much more so than the original dealer or the other couple I have contacted. He will be getting my business from now on.

Edited by cruzzer

Kraynial, thanks, I'll be getting farther into my Airbox now. I'm going out on a limb but I think my bike may be down a little while.

On ‎12‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 5:49 PM, cruzzer said:

Kraynial, thanks, I'll be getting farther into my Airbox now. I'm going out on a limb but I think my bike may be down a little while.

My 18 500 rs has 1275 miles 65 hours, I've always had the hanging idle issue that comes and goes regardless of stepper motor reset procedure, but now I've got the same issue of super high idle about 2000 rpm. I shut bike off then restart and sometimes it won't idle at all. I've taken throttle body apart and cleaned and still have sporadic high idle. I know its not the butterfy, which shuts pretty much completely. Its something with the stepper motor. I've emailed beta to see who would be the best dealer closest to me, but will probably see if I can get Uptite to look at it. I like everything about bike except fuel injection and air box issues. I think synerject is not so great.

Just got word its getting taken care of. I'll be dropping the bike off at the dealer in the next few days. With any luck I'll be looking to go someplace south in feb to test run her.

• Helpful 1