12vdc power on tx300

Hi I have a tx300 that I’m turboing for my snowbike and I need to have 12vdc switched power to run the fuel pump.  2.5amps. Roughly.  Can someone save me some time.   I think yellow wires are ac power and brown is grounds.  Correct me if I’m wrong.  

349CCC66-5E68-418F-8DE5-FD0AD1F970F7.jpeg

• Like 4

Turbocharged two stroke?  Subscribed.

The fan wires should be a spare clear/white two wtire plug hanging out near the coil in the center frame area.  I don't know the wire colors though.

• Like 2

I thought turbo 2 strokes wouldn't work because you are pressurizing both crankcase and combustion chamber. What's your research?

1 hour ago, Deb Tatum said:

I thought turbo 2 strokes wouldn't work because you are pressurizing both crankcase and combustion chamber. What's your research?

snowmobiles have been turbo'd for years 

Edited by doctorchopper
  • Like 1

On ‎12‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 8:57 PM, Mike DOwling said:

Hi I have a tx300 that I’m turboing for my snowbike and I need to have 12vdc switched power to run the fuel pump.  2.5amps. Roughly.  Can someone save me some time.   I think yellow wires are ac power and brown is grounds.  Correct me if I’m wrong.  

349CCC66-5E68-418F-8DE5-FD0AD1F970F7.jpeg

To answer your original question yes the yellow wires are coming from your stator and are A/C voltage and brown is ground. But like the others have said if you have engine fans you already have D/C power.  

I didn't see where the op has a fan?? does tx have fan wires oem?? yellow wires are hot ac,you would have to rectify them to get dc, or you could simply run a wire off your battery w/in line fuse positive side & grab a ground anywhere close by, easy peasy....that's how i'm running a fan

The TE has a spare DC connector, I assume the TX does also, that is typically used for the fan. I'm not sure if it is hot with the engine off, and I'm pretty sure it is unswitched. The TPI bikes apparently control this via the ecu, and turn it on @ 195F and off at 190.

I think your best bet is to wire it direct from the battery, thru a quality switch.

I'm not sure about the tx but on my 2019 te the factory fan connector does not have power untill the thermo switch on. the head closes so that will be no good to you. for my fan a ran a relay and wired it direct to the battery with a inline fuse, i used power from the headlight circuit to trigger the relay through a switch

On ‎12‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 2:25 AM, doctorchopper said:

snowmobiles have been turbo'd for years 

That's so sick! Please do a wright up on your process as I would love to get a snow kit for my TX300 and Turbo would be savage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15 hours ago, RichBaker said:

The TE has a spare DC connector, I assume the TX does also, that is typically used for the fan. I'm not sure if it is hot with the engine off, and I'm pretty sure it is unswitched. The TPI bikes apparently control this via the ecu, and turn it on @ 195F and off at 190.

I think your best bet is to wire it direct from the battery, thru a quality switch.

I cant remember the wire colors but the tx does have a fan hook up as I installed one on my bike using the factory connector under the tank. It has power ALL the time on my 2018. Fan cycles after engine is of until temp comes down. 

• Like 1

I have a trail tech stator that should be here tomorrow.  I looked at the install instructions and it doesn’t show a schematic.  My bike is not running yet so I can’t test all the wires right now.   I wish I could find a schematic for the tx300 somewhere so I could just find switched power.  If anyone can tell me I’ll post a vid of the bike once I get it running

I know it's a little off topic, but since it's been suggested that the fan wire could power the turbo, would it be enough to power a 16w LED light pod?

• Confused 1

12 hours ago, Mike DOwling said:

I have a trail tech stator that should be here tomorrow.  I looked at the install instructions and it doesn’t show a schematic.  My bike is not running yet so I can’t test all the wires right now.   I wish I could find a schematic for the tx300 somewhere so I could just find switched power.  If anyone can tell me I’ll post a vid of the bike once I get it running

On one of the thread here about lights awhile back someone posted wiring schematics. Search light threads.

1 hour ago, WoodsRacerDotCom said:

I know it's a little off topic, but since it's been suggested that the fan wire could power the turbo, would it be enough to power a 16w LED light pod?

Why don't you just use the plug for the lights?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, WoodsRacerDotCom said:

your best bet is use the ac for headlight with a rectifier or capacitor and keep it on its own power. it will turn on when the bike is running only though. then you could put 50w led lights on it.