$200 bet for the montana unassisted rock climb. who and where

Official rules for The Wild Alaskan's unassisted Rock Creek Trail challenge:

Rock Creek trail is located near Clyde park, Montana. Its is  one of the hardest trails in the US. I am putting up a $250 bounty for the first rider who completes this trail on a full size bike without assistance*.  To qualify you must record it via helmet cam and either upload to You tube uncut or send the raw footage to me (either way I must be allowed to edit this footage for my channel for a winners edit). The hard part is approximately 1 mile long but there is about 8 miles of  easy single track to get to it. I am only concerned with the accent of the final mile of the trail (see video and map for where to start recording), and do not care about how you get back down.

* without assistance meaning no other persons may push, ride, tow or assist in any other way than verbal encouragement. No ropes, come-a-longs, helicopters or other systems may be used to get bikes over obstacles. Pushing, ghosting, side over side rolling and other methods are encouraged but must be done solo. In the event of a crash an assistant may lift a bike off of the rider but cannot assist in any other way that aids the riders progress on the trail

I have attached a screen shot of a map with points of interest on this trail

A download of this map is available here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B73ag78L1tgDdllpRGZWYXBGNXc

I would strongly recommend putting this on your phone (you can view with google earth and other apps) so that you can reference it while  riding. These way points may not be exact so use common sense when navigating.

Here is proof that this is possible to do with out assistance. This video may also be useful as a navigation reference, since this portion of the trail is basically unused except for dirt bikers that have turned in to foot traffic. There is little or no cell service, and lots of high penalty for failure features on this trail so ride at your own risk. Snow is usually melted by mid August or September, trail officially closes for winter October 14th although early snows can sometimes make it impassible before that. There are no bypasses, the trail is the easiest rout, you can take whatever line you like. If you make it past the first hill without a tow, you are doing better than 95% of riders. Good luck, Happy New year!

(filmed in old go pro superveiw BTW if its looking a bit easy ? )

Commence the shit talking!

rock creek challenge map.JPG

Edited by Wild Alaskan
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...