AER clunking noise?

My buddy has AER forks which also make this noise but I don't know if it's normal?  Anyone with AER forks have this clunking sound on rebound?  These are 17 TX300 forks valved by my local tuner and just recently serviced and updated to 18 parts:

There's definitely something loose in there.
Maybe the Midvalve but the clunking is to loud.

13 hours ago, n2dirt said:

Take apart the air side and check the top out spring.

It's for sure the valving side.  I have them off the bike and can clearly hear the clunk on that side when pushing it down.  as soon as I release the force and the leg starts to rebound you can hear it.

There is a vacuum being created behind the midvalve once opened. You will need to re-configure the arrangement, creating a bleed (or breaking the seal) that will allow the midvalve to close instantly.

3 hours ago, Terry Hay said:

There is a vacuum being created behind the midvalve once opened. You will need to re-configure the arrangement, creating a bleed (or breaking the seal) that will allow the midvalve to close instantly.

Thanks!  I spoke to the tuner and he said it is normal and expected with type of mid valve stack he is using.

Thanks!  I spoke to the tuner and he said it is normal and expected with type of mid valve stack he is using.

🥴 “normal” ?? I must be doing it all wrong

Its not normal and it is easy to alleviate. If your tuner wishes to contact me I would be happy to run through the process with him.

18 hours ago, Terry Hay said:

Its not normal and it is easy to alleviate. If your tuner wishes to contact me I would be happy to run through the process with him.

PM sent