Buying an out of state FRAME only

8 hours ago, Jeff aka Bolt said:

For almost 17 years red/green sticker has been the law of the land...  it's always some guy with 2 or 3 posts brings up this kind of pointless shit.  Then argues with the facts and disappointing news received for a few days...  before disappearing into the ether from whence he appeared.  ?

I said it and watched it happen...  ?  Like it always does.

More of my tough guy memes........

images_(1).jpeg.8a386824185035fc33e4a9c242707a66.jpeg

Edited by Jeff aka Bolt
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, TwoSmokeSam said:

Hi, I'm looking to build a green sticker bike as my current bike is a red sticker and I want the option to ride year around.

I found some clean frames (no engine) out of state that have titles but I was wondering if it would be possible to legally register them here in CA...

I'm looking to build it from the ground up so I didn't want to pay for a "clean" example locally if I'm going to replace most parts anyway.

You need to provide some additional information.  From reading this thread it sounds like you are new to California and it's bullshit dirt bike registration laws.  In some areas, like the greater Sacramento area where a bunch of us live, a red stickered bike barely causes any restriction.  Those near the Bay Area or a lot of SoCal it's much more of an issue....unless you chance it and ride anyway.

Where do you intend to ride?

• Helpful 1

You need to provide some additional information.  From reading this thread it sounds like you are new to California and it's bullshit dirt bike registration laws.  In some areas, like the greater Sacramento area where a bunch of us live, a red stickered bike barely causes any restriction.  Those near the Bay Area or a lot of SoCal it's much more of an issue....unless you chance it and ride anyway.
Where do you intend to ride?
I'm not even sure I want to deal with the hassle of restoring a 20 year old bike anymore knowing this is how it is in his state, I'll just drive the extra hour or so and hit the Forest areas and enjoy my evil red sticker bike.

Thanks anyway.

3 minutes ago, TwoSmokeSam said:

I'm not even sure I want to deal with the hassle of restoring a 20 year old bike anymore knowing this is how it is in his state, I'll just drive the extra hour or so and hit the Forest areas and enjoy my evil red sticker bike.

Thanks anyway.

ok, so glad we wrapped this important topic up.   whew this really was a nail-biting technically-interesting journey ..... now everyone look into the light.  nothing to see here

untitled.png

• Like 3