Best dual sports ktm& husky

3 hours ago, huskybrapp350damoriding said:

Anyone else try this grunt manifold & have issues with aluminum deterioration!#huskybrapp350damoriding#PNWMA #ktm&husky

20181214_122216.jpg

That is serious erosion.  Most likely not galvanic corrosion, or porosity.  This looks more heat/moisture related.  What other engine mods do you have?

I've seen similar with superheated steam through an aluminum manifold.  This looks like high exhaust gas temps, with Ethanol fuel. 

I've only put about 3 hours and 100 miles on mine, so can't comment on durability.  I do like the crisper snap off the bottom with it though. 

• Like 1

On 12/18/2018 at 10:20 AM, 1 lunger said:

No, but I can say that it didn’t make a bit of difference power wise

It made a difference for my 2018 FX350. A touch better low end throttle response and helped with the stalling. Overall top end (which isn't what he is claiming too improve) did not change.

On 12/18/2018 at 2:30 PM, huskybrapp350damoriding said:

No mods just pump gasoline 

This makes sense.  Lean running creates extremely high exhaust gas temperatures.  First thing that failed was the O rings. Once the gasses could escape past the O rings, the erosion occurs. 

Your thought about tuning is really smart.  That will lower exhaust gas temperatures.  Doesn't require big bucks.  Add one of the piggyback tuners (they all have good reviews), or for now just see if the dealer can bump up your TPS sensor a bit.

I understand your frustration.  Sucks to have an expensive part like that get damaged, when it could have been prevented.  Hope you get this all resolved to your satisfaction, but short of KTM&Husky doing you a "solid", this isn't their issue.  Since you've already come on here and hammered them, I don't think you've left that door open.  

In the future rather than call out a vendor in a forum, you might do better to ask questions from others that might help explain what happened.  At that point, you can go back to a vendor and say, "hey, I've had this issue.  I think I know what happened, can you work with me?"  This helps you partner with the vendor.  You supplied objective information that can help them, and they look at that favorably to help you. 

In the end, ranting in a forum, usually does not dissuade others from making vendor purchases.  It just labels you as someone who rants, instead of resolves. 

Hope this helps,

Not sure how u have convinced urself I have gone on a rant! Or that damage has been created by lean gasses! This bike has a euro tune which enrichens it!

What makes u think i never dealt with the owner of ktm&husky 1st, I chose to leave that out, because that would have been a real rant. Also, there is no O ring on his previous versions, its not burnt off.

My belief is that vibration from improper fitment caused the issue.

So far all u have done is high jack a thread that asked if anyone else has experienced this with this product, & convinced urself that u know the cause!

On 12/18/2018 at 12:48 PM, 1 lunger said:

He’s great for those $150-$250 parts that do nothing. Most don’t worry about spending that and aren’t that pissed when they realize it’s a worthless add on, so he doesn’t get a ton of bad Publicity

Which parts are you talking about in particular? I have bought a couple of things from him and they have worked as advertised. And I for one, do care about spending my money on things that are advertised but don't work. Were have you seen a "ton of bad publicity"? I'm looking at getting a couple more things but if there are a bunch of negative reviews, I'd like to read about them......

@ride200mi,

Do a quick search on here or KTMtalk and you will find lots of negative things about KTMandHusky and from earlier when he called the place Best Dual Sport Bikes (BDSB). 

The only thing you could bring up on a KTM or Husky forum that may draw more polarizing opinions is asking what oil you should use.

• Haha 1