Anyone got or ridden a 19 Xc250 ?

Hi

Anyone have a new 19 xc250 smoker ?

any ride reports , best jetting specs etc ? 

Rode one briefly. Stock jetting seemed pretty close. Power felt down compared to my 17. After looking it over it really hasn't changed much. Didn't feel any slimmer either.

I have the 19 300xc. I have never spent any significant time on any KTM 2 stroke so I dont have a great frame of reference for comparison but I can tell you it is a fantastic motorcycle.  Stock jetting is fairly close for me here in Phoenix but feels slightly rich.  I think I could stand to raise the clip on the needle one notch and maybe come down on the main 1 size but I'm not super picky.  I'm probably going to continue to ride it with these settings during the winter.  I thought slightly rich is better than slightly lean.  Its close enough if I'm coming off a fuel injected 4 stroke and I dont notice any REAL issues.  The overall performance of the bike is great.  I didn't even check or change the sag yet, its probably a little higher than it should be but I'm comfortable riding that way, a lot of my bikes have been set that way because I'm lazy lol.  I'm super happy with the feeling of the air fork.  I was nervous about it but its definitely the best stock fork I've ever ridden. I'm running 125 psi and the compression backed way for rocky desert single track type riding.  Books says i should be at 139 psi but my suspension guy told me to run 120.  I ran it at 130 for the first 10 hours then finally dropped it to 125 and I think it felt a little more plush in the chop so I think I'm going to continue to run it.   All in all I'm super happy with the bike, happy I purchased it and I have a feeling my 450 may start to get spider webs on it.

• Like 2

I just picked one up, great bike. I'm at sea level in Hawaii, temps 75-80F running 30 pilot, stock needle in the 2nd position and a 450 main jet. All stock jetting except one size rich on the pilot.  Coming off an 07 CR250 that was build for trails. This bike is a major upgrade, took about 7 hours to get used to the AER forks, running it at 138 psi, this bike needs to go fast through the tough stuff, if I go too slow I feel the square hits. Still dialing in the clickers but its pretty close. Started with the "comfort" settings in the book and went from there. "Sport" would be way to stiff for my type of riding. Only thing thats bugging me is that when I rev the bike real high with the clutch in on a technical section, the idle hangs like its supper lean, once I let the clutch out it goes away. I have never really had good experiences with Mikuni, may swap out to a PWK if I keep having trouble.  

I just picked one up, great bike. I'm at sea level in Hawaii, temps 75-80F running 30 pilot, stock needle in the 2nd position and a 450 main jet. All stock jetting except one size rich on the pilot.  Coming off an 07 CR250 that was build for trails. This bike is a major upgrade, took about 7 hours to get used to the AER forks, running it at 138 psi, this bike needs to go fast through the tough stuff, if I go too slow I feel the square hits. Still dialing in the clickers but its pretty close. Started with the "comfort" settings in the book and went from there. "Sport" would be way to stiff for my type of riding. Only thing thats bugging me is that when I rev the bike real high with the clutch in on a technical section, the idle hangs like its supper lean, once I let the clutch out it goes away. I have never really had good experiences with Mikuni, may swap out to a PWK if I keep having trouble.  

That's leaner than the manual for my '18 calls for at 2500+ ft. Sounds like KTM updated (leaned out) their jetting chart for 2019.

11 minutes ago, nahvkolaj said:

That's leaner than the manual for my '18 calls for at 2500+ ft. Sounds like KTM updated (leaned out) their jetting chart for 2019.

Here is a screen shot of the settings in the 2019 XC Manual

250 XC Jetting Chart.jpg

Here is a screen shot of the settings in the 2019 XC Manual

Meant to upload this earlier for anyone who wants to compare. 2018 250 XC jetting chart:

IMG_2361.thumb.jpg.fcf0f0320a97f6c6968cc9da05b0c7c1.jpg

I thought I nailed it with a 450 main, stock needle, 30 pilot and 1.5 turns on the air screw, but then it rained.and warmed up a bit and it was a bit blubber on the bottom again. I'm at 2500-3k feet and 40-60 degrees in the winter.

On 12/21/2018 at 12:16 AM, sloc88 said:

My fork felt the same until I dialled the sag. At 105 my fork was harsh at low speed. Upping it to 107mm made the fork perfect.

I have the 19 300xc. I have never spent any significant time on any KTM 2 stroke so I dont have a great frame of reference for comparison but I can tell you it is a fantastic motorcycle.  Stock jetting is fairly close for me here in Phoenix but feels slightly rich.  I think I could stand to raise the clip on the needle one notch and maybe come down on the main 1 size but I'm not super picky.  I'm probably going to continue to ride it with these settings during the winter.  I thought slightly rich is better than slightly lean.  Its close enough if I'm coming off a fuel injected 4 stroke and I dont notice any REAL issues.  The overall performance of the bike is great.  I didn't even check or change the sag yet, its probably a little higher than it should be but I'm comfortable riding that way, a lot of my bikes have been set that way because I'm lazy lol.  I'm super happy with the feeling of the air fork.  I was nervous about it but its definitely the best stock fork I've ever ridden. I'm running 125 psi and the compression backed way for rocky desert single track type riding.  Books says i should be at 139 psi but my suspension guy told me to run 120.  I ran it at 130 for the first 10 hours then finally dropped it to 125 and I think it felt a little more plush in the chop so I think I'm going to continue to run it.   All in all I'm super happy with the bike, happy I purchased it and I have a feeling my 450 may start to get spider webs on it.

I found the same thing with my fork. Ran it at 136 for a while and it were too stiff. Dropped it to 130 and the choppy stuff felt better. Then dropped it to 125-126 and it feels super sweet. One can make the fork do what ever for what ever. Then I took out a lot of the damping on the top clicker for fast choppy and technical trails.

• Like 1

Meant to upload this earlier for anyone who wants to compare. 2018 250 XC jetting chart:
IMG_2361.thumb.jpg.fcf0f0320a97f6c6968cc9da05b0c7c1.jpg

I thought I nailed it with a 450 main, stock needle, 30 pilot and 1.5 turns on the air screw, but then it rained.and warmed up a bit and it was a bit blubber on the bottom again. I'm at 2500-3k feet and 40-60 degrees in the winter.

I know what you mean about the carburetor idling up when stopping. Then release the clutch, And it goes back to Normal. I basically figured out it were running a little lean. Turn in the air screw and it should go away. The bubbly sound is imo the needle and or clip position. I swapped the needle for one in the JD jetting kit. Red needle. Like you I dropped one pilot jet. Then I dropped one size in the main jet for my 19 300xc

Correction.

I use the factory pilot. (25)

The JD jet kit used a 30 pilot, which was too rich, and I’m at sea level.

440 main
25pilot
JD red needle 3 clip
1 1/4 air screw.

It seems all I have to do is turn out the air screw another 1/2 turn when I ride at 4K feet.

I know it’s not a 250 but I think it’s all relative to some degree.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Smoken 2 Stroker said:

Correction.

I use the factory pilot. (25)

The JD jet kit used a 30 pilot, which was too rich, and I’m at sea level.

440 main
25pilot
JD red needle 3 clip
1 1/4 air screw.

It seems all I have to do is turn out the air screw another 1/2 turn when I ride at 4K feet.

I know it’s not a 250 but I think it’s all relative to some degree.

Are you happy with the jd kit? I mainly think I want it for the needle on my 300. I think the blubber feeling I’m getting between 1/8th and 1/4  throttle is possible the needle taper. I haven’t been able to affect it with the air screw. I’m trying to figure out if it actually bothers me enough to do something about. The engine pulls great everywhere else except for that small range. I should try raising the clip before I do anything but it runs so well everywhere else I’m a little hesitant to mess it lol 

Edited by PTECH

Yes. Exactly!

I’ve been through the same thing at least twice. Around in a circle all to land back right where you were I was the day or week before :-).

Yes. The red needle will make life good. The bike runs so much better. So good in fact I haven’t changed any carb setting for over two to three months. No need to unless I go to 4K feet. Then turn the air screw out another half turn. Or one can drop down one main jet size.

Above 5k I’ll have to drop one main jet size